VEGAS (July 1, 2019) - Vegas Golden Knights General Manager George McPhee announced today, July 1, that the team has signed forward Tomas Nosek to a one-year contract through the 2019-20 season worth an average annual value of $1,000,000 and signed forward Brandon Pirri to a two-year contract through the 2020-21 season worth an average annual value of $775,000.
Nosek, 26, recorded a career-high 17 points (8 G, 9 A), including one shorthanded goal, to go with 18 penalty minutes in 68 games during the 2018-19 season with the Golden Knights. He led the team in face-off win percentage at even strength at 62.1 percent, amongst players who took at least 100 face-offs during the season. The Pardubice, Czech Republic native was originally selected by the Vegas Golden Knights during the 2017 Expansion Draft on June 21 from the Detroit Red Wings.
Pirri, 28, matched his highest point output since the 2015-16 season in half as many games, finishing with 18 points (12 G, 6 A) to go with six penalty minutes in 31 games with the Golden Knights. Prior to being recalled by Vegas, the Toronto, Ontario native led the American Hockey League with 42 points (18 G, 24 A) in 29 games with the Chicago Wolves. Pirri made his first career NHL Playoff game appearance in Game 7 against the San Jose Sharks on April 23, 2019. He originally signed with the Golden Knights on October 4, 2017 as a free agent and re-signed as a free agent with the team on July 1, 2018.
Tomas Nosek , Forward
Birthplace: Pardubice, CZE
Weight: 210 lbs.
- Finished with a career-high 17 points (8 G, 9 A) to go with 18 penalty minutes in 68 games during the 2018-19 season
- Scored second career short-handed goal vs Winnipeg (March 21).
- Had third career multi-point game at Chicago (Nov. 27), registering two assists
- Recorded 15 points (7 G, 8 A) in 67 games for Vegas in the 2017-18 season
- Scored the franchise's first goal at T-Mobile Arena vs Arizona (Oct. 10)
- Had two goals in Game 1 of the 2018 Stanley Cup Final, including the game-winning goal
Brandon Pirri , Forward
Birthplace: Toronto, ON, Canada
Weight: 186 lbs.
Draft: Selected by Chicago Blackhawks in the second round (59th overall) of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft
- Started the 2018-19 season with the American Hockey League Chicago Wolves, appearing in 29 games and recording 42 points (18 G, 24 A)
- Finished the 2018-19 season with Vegas appearing in 31 games and totaling 18 points (12 G, 6 A)
- Registered at least one point in nine out of ten games from December 20, 2018 - January 15, 2019
- Had a career-high six game point streak from December 30, 2018 - January 15, 2019
- Made postseason debut on April 23, 2019
- Has appeared in 33 games with the Golden Knights in two seasons collecting 21 points (15 G, 6 A)
ABOUT THE VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS
The Vegas Golden Knights are a National Hockey League franchise owned and operated by Black Knight Sports and Entertainment LLC. The Vegas Golden Knights were established by founding partners William Foley and his family and the Maloof family. For the latest news and information on the Golden Knights visit vegasgoldenknights.com. Fans can follow the team on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.