VEGAS (July 13, 2018) - Vegas Golden Knights General Manager George McPhee announced today, July 13, that the team has agreed to terms with goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury on a three-year contract extension through the 2021-22 season worth an average annual value of $7 million.
Fleury, 33, backstopped the Golden Knights to the Pacific Division title and an appearance in the 2018 Stanley Cup Final. During the 2017-18 regular season, Fleury won 29 games, including his 400th NHL victory, and posted four shutouts. He had the best statistical regular season of his career with a goals-against average of 2.24 and a save percentage of .927. He won 13 games during the playoff run and recorded a .927 save percentage with a 2.24 goals-against average.
The Sorel, Quebec native has 404 career wins in 737 games between the Pittsburgh Penguins (691 games) and Golden Knights (46 games). He ranks 11th in victories in NHL history and is a three-time Stanley Cup champion.Fleury was selected by the Vegas Golden Knights during the 2017 Expansion Draft on June 21 from the Penguins. Pittsburgh selected Fleury with the first overall selection in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft.
Marc-Andre Fleury , Goalie
Birthplace: Sorel, Quebec
Weight: 180 lbs.
Draft: Selected by the Pittsburgh Penguins in the first round (1st overall) of the 2003 NHL Entry Draft
- Had a career-high statistical season with the Vegas Golden Knights (29-13-4) with a 2.24 goals-against average and .927 save percentage during the 2017-18 regular season
- Appeared in all 20 games (13-7) for the Golden Knights in the 2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs
- Collected career win No. 400 against the Philadelphia Flyers on March 12, 2018
- Claimed by the Vegas Golden Knights from the Pittsburgh Penguins in Expansion Draft on June 21, 2017
- In 737 games, owns a 404-229-2-70 record a 2.56 goals-against average and .913 save percentage through 12 seasons
- Three-time Stanley Cup Champion with the Pittsburgh Penguins (2009, 2016, 2017)
- Won a gold medal with Team Canada at the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver
ABOUT THE VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS
The Vegas Golden Knights are a National Hockey League franchise owned and operated by Black Knight Sports and Entertainment LLC. The Vegas Golden Knights were established by founding partners William Foley and his family and the Maloof family. For the latest news and information on the Golden Knights visit vegasgoldenknights.com. Fans can follow the team on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.