CANUCKS AT SHARKS PREVIEW:
The Vancouver Canucks face off against the San Jose Sharks for the first of five meetings this season.
The Canucks visit San Jose again on Dec. 21 and Feb. 15 and the two teams meet at Rogers Arena on Dec. 15 and in the series finale on Mar. 17.
Vancouver is 2-8-0 in their last 10 games against San Jose. The Canucks last victory at the SAP Center occurred on Mar. 31/16 (4-2). Tonight's game is the third game of a 4-game road trip that concludes with a visit to Los Angeles (Nov. 14).
VS. SHARKS NOTES:
• Brock Boeser notched his first career assist on Apr. 4/17 at SJ.
• Sam Gagner made his NHL debut and notched his first career point/assist on Oct. 4/07 vs SJ. In 35 career games versus the Sharks, Gagner has collected 21 points (5-16-21).
• Jacob Markstrom is 1-2-0 along with a .882 save percentage and 3.84 GAA versus the Sharks.
• Anders Nilsson is 2-0-0 along with a .897 save percentage and 3.36 GAA versus San Jose.
• Daniel Sedin has registered 40 points (13-27-40) in 65 career games versus San Jose.
• Henrik Sedin has collected 42 points (13-29-42) in 66 career games versus the Sharks.
LAST GAME: NOV. 9/17: VAN 1 at ANA 4 Sven Baertschi opened the scoring with an unassisted goal at 12:12 of the first period...Michael Del Zotto appeared in his 500th NHL game...Alex Edler recorded 3 blocked shots in his first game back after missing 12 games due to injury...Alex Biega had a game-high 4 hits...Jacob Markstrom made 31 saves...Markus Granlund appeared in his 100th game in a Canucks uniform...Bo Horvat tied a season- high with 15 face-off wins.
QUICK HITS (Through Nov. 9):
• Brock Boeser ranks tied for 4th in rookie goals (5) and tied for 2nd in rookie points (14). He also leads all rookies in points per game (1.08).
• Bo Horvat ranks tied for 7th in the League in faceoff wins (185). Brandon Sutter ranks t-17th with 149.
• Michael Del Zotto leads the team and ranks tied for t-19th in the League in blocked shots with 33. He also leads the team and ranks 23rd in the League with 24:09 TOI/game.
• Derek Dorsett leads the team in goals (7), hits (33) and penalty minutes (65) and is tied for fourth in points (9). He ranks 8th in the League for best shooting percentage (30.4%; min. 10 games played).
• The Canucks rank 7th in faceoff win percentage at 51.8%.
• Vancouver is tied for 4th for fewest goals against per game at 2.50.
• The Canucks are tied for the 6th best record over the past 10 games (6-3-1). • Vancouver is one of 9 teams that have collected 10 or more points on the road thus far.
• According to Elias Sports Bureau, with his second shutout in his third game of the season, Anders Nilsson became the latest goalie to record two shutouts over his first three games with a team since Michael Neuvirth recorded shutouts in his second and third appearances with the Flyers on Oct.12-14/15.
• With his third career shutout on Oct. 17 at OTT, Anders Nilsson became the third Canucks goaltender to post a shutout in his Canucks debut (joining Mike Fountain (1993) and Johan Hedberg (2003)). He also became the first Canucks goaltender to earn a shutout at Ottawa since Kay Whitmore on Apr. 4/93.
• With his 3 point performance on Oct. 20 at BUF, Derek Dorsett tied a career-high for both goals (2) and points (3) in a game. His first goal shorthanded was the 4th such goal of his career.
THE GOING RATE:
• Brock Boeser has 14 points (5-9-14) over 13 games played; he has 5 points (3-2-5) over the past 4 games.
• Derek Dorsett has 7 goals over the past 13 games. This included a 3-goal scoring streak, the longest goal scoring streak of his career, from Oct. 19-22.
• Bo Horvat has 10 points (3-7-10) over the past 9 games; he has 6 points (2-4-6) over the past 4 games.
• Sven Baertschi has 9 points (5-4-9) over the past 9 games; he has 4 points (1-3-4) over the past 4 games.
• Thomas Vanek has 5 points (2-3-5) over the past 7 games.
• Daniel Sedin has 4 points (1-3-4) over the past 6 games; he has 3 points (1-2-3) over the past 3 games.
• Henrik Sedin has a point in 2 of the last 3 games.
• Michael Del Zotto has a point in 2 of the last 3 games. He tied a career-high 4 game assist/point streak earlier this season from Oct. 14-20: 5 assists.
• Through 5 games in the month of November, the line of Brock Boeser, Bo Horvat and Sven Baertschi have combined for 15 points highlighted by a combined 11-points on Nov. 4 vs PIT.