The Sabres are in Philadelphia tonight. They'll take on the Flyers at 7 p.m. at Wells Fargo Center. Pregame coverage on MSG will begin at 6:30.
Here's what you need to know.
From @SabresPR's Game Notes…
- Eichel enters tonight's game on a career-best 17-game point streak that began on Nov. 16. The streak is the longest recorded by an NHL player this season.
- The streak is tied for the second-longest in franchise history and is the longest by a Sabre since Dave Andreychuk tallied points in 17 consecutive games from Oct. 18 to Nov. 14, 1992. Gilbert Perreault recorded an 18-game point streak in 1971-72.
- And after scoring in each of Buffalo's last four games, Eichel is currently on the longest goal streak of his career.
- Eichel has totaled 11 points (8+3) in his 11 career games against Philadelphia, including at least a point in each of the last five meetings (5+2).
- With two points (1+1) on Tuesday night at Toronto, Eichel became the first Buffalo player to reach 50 points in 35 or fewer games since 1992-93 (Pat LaFontaine and Alexander Mogilny). He joins Rick Martin as the only other player in franchise history to record at least 20 goals and 50 points in each of his first five NHL seasons.
- Eichel, who has recorded two points in each of Buffalo's last four games, is the first player to do so for the Sabres since Andrej Sekera recorded five straight multi-point games from Feb. 26 to March 6, 2011.
- This is the first of three meetings between the Sabres and Flyers this season.
- Last meeting: Philadelphia defeated Buffalo 5-2 in Philadelphia on Feb. 26.
- Next meeting: Saturday, March 7 in Philadelphia
- The Sabres are 3-6-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Flyers; 2-7-1 on the road.
'Ray v. Domi' to re-air tonight
"Beyond Blue and Gold: Ray v. Domi" will air again during tonight's broadcast on MSG.
The two-part documentary sees former enforcers Rob Ray and Tie Domi sit down with Sabres alumnus Andrew Peters to watch all 13 of their NHL fights against each other.
Here's an example of some of the banter you can expect throughout the feature:
Video: Teaser: Ray v. Domi
"Ray v. Domi" will also air a few more times during select Buffalo Sabres broadcasts on MSG and Sabres home games on the video board at KeyBank Center. Here's the complete schedule:
On MSG (during first and second intermissions)
Thursday, Dec. 19 at Philadelphia Flyers, 7 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 7 at New York Rangers, 7 p.m.
On video board at KeyBank Center (during first and second intermissions)
Saturday, Jan. 4 vs. Florida Panthers ('90s Night), 7 p.m. - Tickets
Sunday, Feb. 16 vs. Toronto Maple Leafs, 7 p.m. - Tickets
Sunday, Feb. 23 vs. Winnipeg Jets, 3 p.m. - Tickets
Today in Sabres history
2005: Ryan Miller stops 33 of 34 Philadelphia shots (plus three of four in the shootout) and Maxim Afinogenov scores the shootout winner as the Sabres top the Flyers 2-1 in Philadelphia.