Today, the LA Kings and the National Hockey League announced the club's entire 82-game 2018-19 NHL regular season schedule along with the promotional/giveaway schedule for the season.
The Kings open the season at home on October 5 versus San Jose at 7:30 p.m., presented by McDonald's. Detroit then comes into town on October 7 for a game at 7:30 p.m. before the Kings hit the road for four games.
Among the highlights of the 2018-19 Kings regular season schedule:
- The Kings have nine home games in both November and March.
- The Kings host the cross-town rival Ducks at STAPLES Center two times; the Vegas Golden Knights three times; and the Chicago Blackhawks two times.
- The Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals visit Los Angeles on February 18 and the Kings go to Washington on February 11.
- The Kings play seven consecutive games at home early in the season (October 28-November 13).
- The Kings host two home games during Thanksgiving Weekend.
- The Kings in February have a six-game road trip (February 2-11), with the first game being played at NYCB Live: Home of the Nassau Veteran Memorial Coliseum (Nassau Coliseum).
- The Kings play on January 21 and not again until February 2 as part of the team's bye week.
- The NHL All-Star break takes place January 25-26 while the game takes place in San Jose on January 26.
- The Kings conclude the regular season schedule at home (April 6).
The Kings promotional game and giveaway schedule is highlighted by unique theme nights, a series of Limited Edition Collectible Art Print giveaways, co-branded giveaways with the LA Galaxy and the Ontario Reign, and more.
The team's stand out theme nights include the second annual Country Night, and the first ever 90s Throwback, eSports with the LA Valiant, and Dia De Los Muertos Nights. The Kings continue their partnership with the LA Dodgers for another exciting theme night in February. Plus, this year's Magnet Schedule, presented by the Automobile Club of Southern California, will feature both the LA Kings and the Ontario Reign's full season schedules.
The schedule includes a number of Holiday themed night games, including but not limited to: Halloween, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Valentine's Day, President's Day, St. Patrick's Day, and April Fools' Day. The regular season schedule culminates with Fan Appreciation Day on April 6th, 2019, and the final Limited Edition Collectible Art Print.
Additional theme nights, promotions, and giveaways will be announced at a later date, including LA Kings Legends Nights presented by McDonald's and the Mercury Insurance Giveaway Series and will be updated at lakings.com/promotions for a full list of LA Kings 2018-19 Promotions.
The club's 2018-19 TV (local and national) and radio schedules will also be released at a later date.
The club's 2018 Preseason Schedule, which includes three games at STAPLES Center, was announced on Tuesday.
The first on-ice session for the Kings' 2018 NHL Training Camp is September 14 at the Toyota Sports Center in El Segundo. Details regarding Kings Development Camp and Kings Rookie Camp will be announced at a later date.
Kings Season Ticket Memberships for the 2018-19 season are on sale now with three membership levels: Full Season, Half Season, and Quarter Season. Individual ticket sales information for the 2018-19 season will be released at a later date. Call 1.888.KINGS.LA or visit LAKings.com for more information.