Last week, the LA Kings selected forward Gabriel Vilardi with the 11th overall pick in the first round of the 2017 NHL Draft.
It was a quick turnaround for Vilardi, as he immediately flew to Los Angeles to take part in the Kings Development Camp.
But who is this 17-year-old the Kings took with their first round pick?
...we'll go ahead and answer that rhetorical question for you.
As a member of the 2017 Memorial Cup Champion Windsor Spitfires, Vilardi recorded seven assists in four games to help Windsor capture the title for the third time in franchise history.
Vilardi was one of three Spitfires to be named to the Memorial Cup All-Star Team joining teammates Michael DiPietro and defenseman Mikhail Sergachev (selected No. 9 overall by Montreal Canadiens in 2016).
Vilardi produced at more than a point-per-game pace in the 2016-17 regular season, recording 61 points (29-32-61) in 49 games. His 29 goals led the Spitfires; his 61 points ranked second on the team. He then led Windsor in postseason points during the OHL playoffs with two goals and four assists in a seven-game, first-round series loss to London.
Internationally, Vilardi helped Canada White win a Gold Medal at the 2015 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge (4-3=7 in 6 games played).
Vilardi compares his style of play to New York Islanders forward John Tavares.
He lists former NHL players Pavel Datsyuk and Daniel Briere as his childhood hockey idols.
Getting to Know: Gabriel Vilardi
- If I could "Carpool Karaoke" with any celebrity it would be: Selena Gomez
- TV show I recently binge-watched: Prison Break
- Celebrity that always makes me laugh: Kevin Hart
- App I spend too much time on: Toy Blast
- At an all-you-can-eat buffet I go straight for the: Sushi
- The coolest person I've ever met: Erik Karlsson
- Athlete I admire most: Sidney Crosby
- One thing people don't usually know about me: Quiet, but witty
- If I could be any superhero I would be: Superman
- I am inspired by: My dad
- I am afraid of: Scary movies
- I dream of: Winning the Stanley Cup
Getting to Know: