The Philadelphia Flyers announced today they have signed defenseman Wyatte Wylie, the club's fifth-round pick (127th overall) in the 2018 NHL Draft, to a three-year entry-level contract beginning in the 2020-21 season, according to President of Hockey Operations & General Manager, Chuck Fletcher.
Below are news & notes on Wylie:
WYATTE WYLIE (WHY - lee)
PREVIOUS TEAM: Everett Silvertips (WHL)
DRAFTED: 2018 (5th Round, 127th Overall - FLYERS)
AGE: 20 (11-2-1999)
BORN: Everett, Washington
VITALS: 6'0", 190 pounds
* Has spent the last four seasons in the Western Hockey League with the Everett Silvertips and has posted 152 points (31g-121a) in 272 regular season games, along with an overall plus-minus rating of +70.
* He most recently served as an alternate captain this past season and spent his first two seasons (2016-17 and 2017-18) teammates with current Flyers goaltender Carter Hart.
* This season, Wylie recorded career highs in goals (14), assists (50) and points (64) in 62 games this season with the Silvertips.
* His 50 assists led all defensemen in the WHL, while his 64-point season finished second among all WHL d-men.
* He helped lead the Silvertips to a 46-13-3-1 record for 96 points, which finished second in the entire WHL standings.
* Wylie also attended Flyers development and training camp in each of the last two seasons since being drafted.