MORNING SKATE UPDATE
The Canucks held an optional morning skate Wednesday, which was attended by Tyler Myers, who missed Tuesday's practice. Quinn Hughes and Jay Beagle also missed practice yesterday and both were absent from skate as well. After skate, Coach Green confirmed Myers and Hughes are game-time decisions, while Beagle will not play.
J.T. Miller, coming off a three-point game Sunday, is fired up to get back on the ice and help the Canucks prove they deserve a playoff spot.
Video: PREGAME | Miller vs. Coyotes
- Tyler Toffoli has 6 points (4-2-6) in his last 6 games with the Canucks.
- Quinn Hughes has 17 points (3-14-17) in his last 15 games and is first among rookies with 51 points (8-43-51).
- J.T. Miller has 22 points (9-13-22) in his last 16 games.
- Elias Pettersson has 13 points (5-8-13) in his last 16 games.
- Brandon Sutter has 9 points (3-6-9) in his last 14 games.
- Bo Horvat has 7 points (4-3-7) in his last 8 games.
- Troy Stecher has 6 points (1-5-6) in his last 9 games.
LAST MEETING - JAN. 16/20 VAN 3 vs ARI 1
Bo Horvat opened Canucks scoring on a power play goal assisted by Quinn Hughes and Elias Pettersson...Jake Virtanen scored the GWG at 15:49 in the second period...Tanner Pearson recorded his 100th career goal...the Canucks outshot the Coyotes 35-25...Chris Tanev blocked 3 shots...Bo Horvat won 9 face-offs...Quinn Hughes led the Canucks in TOI (22:38)...Jacob Markstrom faced 25 shots.
LAST GAME PLAYED - MAR. 1/20: VAN 3 at CBJ 5
Bo Horvat opened up scoring with a power play goal at 1:00 in the first period assisted by Elias Pettersson and J.T. Miller...Pettersson and Miller both had three-point games (1-2-3)...Tyler Motte led the team in hits (6)...Bo Horvat won 14 face-offs...Louis Domingue make 30 saves in his Canucks debut.
- Quinn Hughes led all rookies with 15 points (2-13-15) through 13 games in February and was named the NHL's "Rookie of the Month."
- Hughes notched his 43rd assist of 2019-20 on Feb. 27/20 at OTT, establishing a Canucks record for most in a season by a rookie, surpassing the previous record of 42 set by fellow defenceman Dale Tallon in 1970-71.
- Hughes holds the Canucks franchise record for most power play points by a rookie (24).
- Quinn Hughes ranks first among rookies in scoring with 51 points (8-43-51) and is just five points shy of matching the Canucks single-season record for a rookie defenceman.
- Hughes joined Nicklas Lidstrom (1991-92) as the second defenceman in NHL history to be the first rookie to reach the 50- point mark in a season.
- Hughes scored each of his two goals in February in a 4-3 overtime win against the New York Islanders Feb. 1, capping his first career multi-goal game with the overtime tally. He became the sixth different rookie defenceman in franchise history to record a multi-goal game.
- Hughes posted three assists in a 6-2 victory Feb. 10 against the Nashville Predators to become the second rookie defenseman in NHL history to record four three-assist games in a season, joining Ray Bourque who also had four in 1979-80.
HE SHOOTS, HE SCORES
The Canucks scored a season-high of nine goals on, Feb. 22/20 vs BOS. This is the 16th time in franchise history that the Canucks have scored nine or more goals in a regular-season game and is the first time since Jan. 6/96 (9-2 W vs TBL).
On Feb. 12/20 Jacob Markstrom made 49 saves, establishing a Canucks franchise record for most saves in a shutout. He also became the first goaltender in Canucks history to register multiple 40-save shutouts in a single season.
HOME SWEET HOME
From Dec. 19/19 to Jan. 27/20, the Canucks posted a 9 game home win streak. Vancouver has posted a longer home-ice win streak only once with an 11 game streak (Feb.3 - Mar. 19/09).
- Bo Horvat ranks t-7th in the NHL for PPG (11). J.T. Miller ranks t-23rd (9) and Elias Pettersson are ranks t-28th in the NHL for PPG (8).
- Quinn Hughes and Elias Pettersson rank t-11th in the NHL for PPP (24). J.T. Miller ranks t-17th in the league for PPP (23).
- Vancouver is ranked 2nd in the League with 55 power play goals this season.
- Tyler Toffoli scored the OT GWG on Feb. 25/20 at MTL and was named the first star of the game. Toffoli is 4-2-6 (6 GP) with the Canucks in 2019.20.
- Tyler Toffoli recorded three points (2-1-3) on his second game as a Canuck and was named the first star of the game, Feb. 22/20 vs. BOS.
- J.T. Miller recorded a goal and two assists on Mar. 1/20 at CBJ to boost his 2019-20 totals to 26-42-68 (65 GP).
- J.T. Miller (26-42-68), collected at least one point in eight straight games (5-6-11) from Nov. 21-Dec. 7. The last player to record a longer point streak in his first year with Vancouver was Mark Messier in 1997-98 (5-9-14 in 10 GP).
Bo Horvat ranks 2nd in the NHL in face-off wins (797) and t-2nd in power play face-off wins (154). He ranks first in the league in even strength face-off wins (620).