NEW YORK - The National Hockey League today announced the 2019-20 NHL Podcast lineup - with popular shows like NHL Fantasy On Ice™, NHL Executive Suite™ and NHL Draft Class™ all returning for a second year while episode one of a new series -- NHL @TheRink™ -- is now available.
In the first episode of NHL@TheRink™, host Dan Rosen chats with Vegas Golden Knights forward Jonathan Marchessault, discusses top storylines with NHL.com writer Nick Cotsonika and debuts the first "Moments" segment with Chicago Blackhawks forward Patrick Kane. Download and listen to the episode here.
"As we look forward to the upcoming season, we're excited about all the new content we are set to launch - with podcasts being a big part of that plan," said NHL Chief Content Officer and Executive Vice President Steve Mayer. "We believe NHL Podcasts can provide our listeners with a variety of newsworthy, interesting and unique programming options that showcase the best commentary of our great game and another platform to hear from our players".
Fans can download individual episodes of all series at www.nhl.com/podcasts. NHL Podcasts is an NHL Studio Production. NHL Podcasts are available on Castbox, Deezer, Google Podcasts, iheartradio, iTunes, RadioPublic, Spotify, Stitcher and TuneIn Radio.
An overview of each series is below:
NEW: NHL@TheRink™ @TheRink
• Debuting on Sept. 18, NHL.com's Dan Rosen will host NHL@TheRink™, a weekly NHL Studio production that is designed to bringing listeners up-to-speed on the sights and sounds of the NHL season. Rosen will speak with special guests - including NHL players, writers, broadcasters and NHL.com staff - to preview games, discuss the news of the week and check in rinkside during key matchups. His first guests include the Dallas Stars' Ben Bishop, Chicago Blackhawks' Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane, Florida Panthers' Aleksander Barkov, New York Rangers' Mika Zibanejad, St. Louis Blues' Ryan O'Reilly, Toronto Maple Leafs' Auston Matthews and many more.
NHL Fantasy On Ice™ @NHLFantasy
• Hosted by sophomores Pete Jensen, Rob Reese along with special guest David Satriano, NHL Fantasy On Ice™ - the NHL's most popular podcast - returns with episodes released each Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday throughout the regular season and Stanley Cup® Playoffs. The team, which has a 24/7/365 pulse of the fantasy hockey world, will discuss season-long pool play, rankings and projections and dip their toes into the ever-growing world of sports betting.
NHL Draft Class™
• Draft experts Adam Kimelman and Mike Morreale return to the beat of NHL Draft Class™, with monthly episodes beginning in September. Special episodes will cover prospects events such as minor league all-star games, ranking results, top projected players and the Scouting Combine and also feature interviews with prospects, experts and the folks from NHL Central Scouting. The show will move from monthly to weekly in April as the 2020 NHL Draft™ approaches.
NHL Executive Suite™
• In this podcast, NHL Executive Suite™ host Deb Placey sits down with the executives who own, build, cover and manage our favorite NHL teams as well as key personnel from League business and hockey partners. Placey's casual interviewing style makes for fun and candid interviews that resonate with NHL fans. New episodes will be released throughout the season and posted to NHL.com/Podcasts.
• On Oct. 1, 2019, fan can binge-listen as five new episodes will be released to mark the start of the NHL season. In the debut episodes, Placey chats with 2019 Stanley Cup Champion and St. Louis Blues GM Doug Armstrong, Toronto Maple Leafs GM Kyle Dubas, NHL Seattle GM Ron Francis, Minnesota Wild GM Bill Guerin, and Dallas Stars GM Jim Nill.