The LA Kings will host the Nashville Predators on Saturday at 3 p.m. and the Vegas Golden Knights on Sunday at 7 p.m. as part of Opening Weekend at STAPLES Center, the club's 20th Anniversary Season at the arena.
The team's first home victory of the 2019-20 season will also be the club's 1,000th home win of all-time.
The Kings-Predators game is the club's first Hockey Night in LA edition of the season and the first of nine as the popular platform returns for its second year.
Hockey Night in LA takes place as part of all Saturday night home games with the Kings offering an elevated entertainment experience with activations designed to amplify the fan experience while surprising and delighting with unique experiences, guests and entertainment. The next Hockey Night in LA is scheduled for October 19.
On Saturday, fans are encouraged to participate in the club's special Silver Carpet player entry, which is located near the SW VIP Entrance. Fans can start arriving by 11 a.m. as players are expected to arrive to STAPLES Center beginning as early as 11:30 a.m. There will be live music and an event host will introduce each player as he arrives.
A special Opening Day Fan Fest will take place outside STAPLES Center along Chick Hearn Court and Xbox Plaza. That begins at Noon and is open to the public at no cost. It features a DJ, a Bud Light Beer Garden, unique photo opportunities and autograph session with Jim Fox from 1-1:30 p.m. at the Toyota display.
The Fan Fest will also feature a brand new HOCKEYWOOD display and also a new #GKG Light-Up display for fans to take their photos with. Saturday's game also marks the debut of the new LA Kings Drumline, which will make their debut at Fan Fest and also provide entertainment during the game.
Also starting this season Bailey debuts an over-sized drum which, in addition to being used by Bailey during games, will feature a Season Ticket Member of the Game participating in a Go Kings Go drum beat.
Those attending the game are encouraged to be in their seats by 2:30 p.m. for player warm-ups. A special Opening Day Ceremony featuring the 2019-20 Kings roster will take place just before puck drop. Pia Toscano will sing the National Anthem and Opening Day will feature the first of 20 different show-opening-videos.
Among the new highlights for Kings games at STAPLES Center also include a new organ and in-arena performance area for Dieter Ruehle, which is located above Section 327.
This weekend, the Kings will also introduce several new live interactive games that will give fans the chance to compete against one another for prizes. Examples include hockey skills-comp shootout-style game, skeeball, trivia, predictive/betting-style gaming and more. Fans are also encouraged to visit Bailey's Fun Zone on the main concourse outside Section 117 where fans of all ages can now take a custom photo or GIF.
The Kings will also introduce several new interactive games available in the LA Kings mobile app that will give fans the chance to win prizes, playing in real time during Kings games and events within the LA Kings app, plus the ability to play a few of these games in free-play mode.
Saturday's game will also air on Spanish Radio (KWKW 1330 AM Tu Liga), the first of 12 Kings games to air on Tu Liga this season, in addition to FOX Sports West and the LA Kings Audio Network.
Kings Talk, the club's popular post-game radio call-in show hosted by Nick Nickson and Daryl Evans, will emanate from the Impact Sports Bar & Grill on Saturday. Also, on Saturday night the first episode of LA Kings Weekly airs on FOX Sports West following the post-game LA Kings Live show.
This weekend's home games will also feature a new pregame show on the LA Kings Audio Network as the network adds more live Kings programming beyond games. Jesse Cohen hosts a new pregame call-in show prior to select Kings games.
The show, called Kings Game Day, is slated to begin one hour before puck drop both Saturday and Sunday. The phone number for fans to ask their questions is 1-877-KINGS20.
The Kings-Golden Knights game on Sunday begins at 7 p.m. Prior to that contest the Kings will host a special Fan Fest beginning at 4 p.m. The autograph session with Alex Faust will take place from 6-6:30 p.m. at the Toyota booth.
Sunday's game will also be broadcast on FOX Sports West, the Kings Audio Network and Tu Liga 1330.
All fans in attendance for Sunday's game will receive a Magnet Schedule Giveaway presented by the Automobile Club of Southern California. All fans in attendance for Saturday's game will receive a Collectible Art Print.
The Kings opened the 2019-20 season this past Saturday in Edmonton which kicked-off a three-game road trip. They will play six home games this October.
Kings fans visiting STAPLES Center can now use the LA Kings app to manage their tickets, including entry to the STAPLES Center. The app features a new venue map which can help fans locate the nearest restrooms, concession stands and more. New Season Ticket Members only entrances now exist for Kings games at STAPLES Center.
Season Ticket Members can enter the arena by simply showing their Card on the north side just west of the box office between the Star Plaza and 11th Street entrances, and one door located at the Figueroa Street Entrance.
New Concourse Activations
- Toyota Wall located on the Main Concourse adjacent to the TEAM LA Store across from Section 117-118 where fans can take their photo memorializing their visit to STAPLES Center
- STAPLES Center 20th Anniversary Light Box that will be customized for every event and fans can take photos and share on social media, the light box is located on the Main Concourse across from Section 108 next to the SWVIP Entrance
- Mural painted by prominent Los Angeles muralist Jonas Never celebrating record setting and championship moments at STAPLES Center, located on the Main Concourse adjacent to the Box Office across from Section 114
Food and Beverage Updates
- New updated Elyx Portables located on Suite Levels B & C. They will have expanded beverage and snack offerings, in addition to craft cocktails
- New Coke Wall with a Grab & Go Concept on the Upper Concourse
- Wahoo's Fish Tacos will replace B.S. Taqueria on the Main Concourse next to Section 117
- Favorites: Crispy Fish Tacos, Loaded Nachos, Burritos, Bowls and Tacos
- Dessert: Churro Chips
- Beverages: Draft Beer, Coca-Cola Fountain Sodas, Bottled Water
- Salt & Char, Levy's new burger and fries concept replacing McDonalds on the Main Concourse at Section 114 and Upper Concourse at Section 301
- Favorites: Char Burgers, Plant Based Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets, Shakes, Soft Serve Ice Cream
- Beverages: Domestic, Craft and Import Beers & Non-Alcoholic Drinks, Bottled Water
Through its partnership with CLEAR, ticketed guests for STAPLES Center events with a CLEAR membership can use the dedicated Figueroa Street CLEAR Entrance for expedited entry into the venue.
Members are permitted to bring one adult guest and unlimited minors with them; all guests are required to have a ticket to enter the venue. Guests may register for the free service with a U.S. driver's license on-site at the enrollment center located at the Figueroa Street Entrance once general doors open on event days.
Please note that CLEAR members are subject to a metal detector screening, visual inspection and bag inspection conducted by STAPLES Center Security staff. Backpacks of any size and all bags larger than 14" x 14" x 6" are not permitted in the venue.
Looking Back on 20 Years at STAPLES Center
- Regular season record: 397-267-94 (758 total regular season games)
- Playoff record: 28-24 (52 total playoff games)
- Total RS Games Played: 758
- Total PO Games Played: 52
- 136 goals have been scored by the Kings during the playoffs
- First Goal(s) at STAPLES Center:
- By Kings - Rob Blake (Robbie Tallas in goal) - 10/20/99
- Overall - Anson Carter (Stephane Fiset in goal) - 10/20/99 (vs. Boston)
- Most Kings Games Played (regular season and postseason combined): Dustin Brown - 561 / 41 = 602
- Most Goals by a Kings Player: Anze Kopitar - 163
- Most Goals by an Opposing Player: Patrick Marleau - 19 (San Jose)
- Most Assists by a Kings Player: Anze Kopitar - 317
- Most Assists by an Opposing Player: Joe Thornton - 32 (Boston and San Jose)
- Most Points by a Kings Player: Anze Kopitar - 480
- Most Points by an Opposing Player:
- Joe Thornton - 41 (Boston and San Jose)
- Patrick Marleau - 41 (San Jose and Toronto)
- Most Penalty Minutes for a Kings Player: Kyle Clifford - 398
- Most Penalty Minutes for an Opposing Player: Brenden Morrow - 108 (Dallas, St. Louis and Tampa Bay)
- Time-On-Ice Leader for Kings (Total): Drew Doughty - 11,164:47
- Time-On-Ice Leader from an Opposing Player: Shane Doan - 919:28 (Phoenix and Arizona)
- Total Goals by Kings in Regular Season: LA Kings - 2,114
- Total Goals by Kings in Playoffs: LA Kings - 136
- Most Goals by an Opposing Team: San Jose Sharks - 145
- Total Players for Kings: 247
- Total Players on Opposing Teams: 2,455
- Most Total Players by an Opposing Team: Arizona/Phoenix Coyotes - 231
- Total Attendance: 13,289,614
- Most Wins by a Kings Goaltender: Jonathan Quick - 179
- Most Wins by an Opposing Goaltender:
- Evgeni Nabokov - 10 (San Jose)
- Kari Lehtonen - 10 (Dallas)
- Most Shutouts by a Kings Goaltender: Jonathan Quick - 31
- Most Shutouts by an Opposing Goaltender:
- Antti Niemi - 3 (Chicago and San Jose)
- Evgeni Nabokov - 3 (San Jose)
- Kari Lehtonen - 3 (Dallas)
Be at Opening Weekend!