The limited edition Anniversary jersey along with exclusive 50th Anniversary commemorative product will be on display and available for purchase beginning today at the Team LA Store at STAPLES Center and on-line at teamlastore.com. Items included will be Center Ice Product, New Era Collectable Hats, Coins, Pins and more.
Video: The LA Kings' 50th anniversary jersey is revealed
Said Kings President of Business Operations Luc Robitaille: "As we continue toward the start of the hockey season, our 50th Anniversary, sharing this jersey for the first time is a real thrill for us. We put a lot of thought, time and effort into the design and we are very proud of the final product."
Among the Jersey highlights:
• Striping along the arms represents two Stanley Cups
• Striping along the bottom matches 1967-68, the first on-ice season in Kings history
• Purple embellishment within the neck containing five Gold Diamonds represents the five decades and pays homage to the club's historic Purple/Gold years
• Gold added to the Kings primary logo represents 50 years
• Special Font with Gold for player names and numbers
• Gray color is the same as the Dodger Stadium Series
• Limited Edition of 5,000
"We are excited to unveil our 50th Anniversary jersey and share it with our players, fans and partners," said Kings Chief Operating Officer Kelly Cheeseman. "We believe it captures the great history we have here in Los Angeles and this is an exciting time on the whole for our franchise as the season is set to begin soon."
The Kings are slated to wear the new jersey for these 14 home games this season (some of these contests are designated as official LA Kings Heritage Nights): October 22, November 5, November 19, November 26, December 10, December 31, January 7, January 14, February 18, February 25, March 4, March 11, March 25 and April 8 (the club's final regular season home games). The Kings will wear their original Vintage Gold uniforms only one time this season (October 14 as part of the club's Home Opener).