The Philadelphia Flyers have re-signed defenseman Travis Sanheim to a two-year contract extension worth an average annual value (AAV) of $4.675M, according to President of Hockey Operations & General Manager Chuck Fletcher.
DRAFTED: 2014 - 1st Round (17th overall) by FLYERS
AGE: 25 (3-29-1996)
BORN: Elkhorn, Manitoba
VITALS: 6'3", 181 pounds
* The contract will run through the 2022-23 season.
* Sanheim recorded 15 points (3g-12a), all of which were at even strength, and appeared in 55 of 56 games this season.
* He ranked second on the defense in average ice time at nearly 22 minutes per-game (21:53) and was one of just two Flyers to average over 20 minutes of TOI per-game (Provorov: 25:00).
* Since making his NHL debut in 2017-18, his average ice time per-game has increased each season, including his last two seasons which were both over 20 minutes of TOI per-game.
* Since his first full season with the Flyers in 2018-19, he has missed just one game, appearing in 206 of 207 regular season games.
* Over his four seasons in the NHL, all with the Flyers, he has posted a total of 85 points (22g-63a) in 255 regular season games, while averaging nearly 20 minutes of ice time per-game (19:27).
* He has also appeared in 20 Stanley Cup Playoff games where he has eight points (2g-6a), which includes seven points (1g-6a) and an average of 22:37 of ice-time through 16 games in the Toronto playoff bubble in 2019-20.
* He was the Flyers first choice, selected in the 1st Round (17th overall) in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft that was held in Philadelphia.