The Philadelphia Flyers announced they have re-signed forward Scott Laughton to a five-year contract extension worth an average annual value (AAV) of 3.0M, according to President of Hockey Operations & General Manager Chuck Fletcher.
PREVIOUS TEAM: Philadelphia Flyers
DRAFTED: 2012 - 1st Round (20th overall) by FLYERS
AGE: 26 (5-30-1994)
BORN: Oakville, Ontario
VITALS: 6'1", 190 pounds
* Laughton is in the final year of a two-year contract worth an AAV of 2.3M.
* He currently has seven goals and 10 assists for 17 points in 38 games for the Flyers this season to go along with a +7 rating on 15:34 of ice time.
* He has increased his goal totals and points per-game pace in each of the last three seasons and has scored 42 of his 51 career goals, and 96 of his 123 career points in the last four seasons.
* Laughton recorded a career-high 13 goals and plus-minus of +13 in 2019-20 and won both the Pelle Lindbergh Memorial Trophy as Most Improved Flyer and the Yanick Dupre "Class Guy" Memorial Award.
* Over parts of eight seasons in the NHL, all with the Flyers, Laughton has accumulated 123 points (51g-72a) in 359 games.
* He was selected by the Flyers in the first round (20th overall) of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, and previous signed contracts with the team in 2012, 2017 and 2019.