The Philadelphia Flyers announced today they have signed winger Wade Allison, the club's second-round pick (52nd overall) in the 2016 NHL Entry Draft, to an entry-level contract, according to President of Hockey Operations & General Manager, Chuck Fletcher.
Below are news & notes on Allison:
POSITION: Right Wing
PREVIOUS TEAM: Western Michigan (NCHC - NCAA)
DRAFTED: 2016 (2nd Round, 52nd Overall - FLYERS)
AGE: 22 (10-14-1997)
BORN: Myrtle, Manitoba
VITALS: 6'2", 205 pounds
* Spent the last four seasons playing at Western Michigan University where he recorded 97 points with 45 goals and 52 assists in 106 games and a plus-minus rating of +30.
* He was the team's alternate captain in each of the last two seasons.
* This past year, he appeared in 26 games as a Senior where he posted 10 goals and 23 points to go along with a +11 rating... He finished second on the team in average points per-game (0.88).
* Allison also finished the season recording points in 11 of his last 15 games with nine goals and 10 assists for 19 points in that stretch.
* Prior to being drafted, he helped his USHL team (Tri-City Storm) win the league Championship, the Clark Cup in 2016 and was named MVP of the playoffs with 16 points (9g-7a) in 11 games.
* Allison is now the seventh member of the 10 players taken in the 2016 Draft Class by the Flyers to be under contract with the club. Four of the players have made their NHL debut thus far (German Rubtsov, Carter Hart, Carsen Twarynski & Connor Bunnaman).
"We are very happy to have Wade under contract," said Flyers Vice President & Assistant General Manager Brent Flahr. "He possesses a great package of size, speed, and skill and we strongly believe he'll be an NHL power forward moving forward."