VEGAS (March 9, 2020) - Vegas Golden Knights General Manager Kelly McCrimmon announced today, March 9, the following roster transactions: the team has assigned forwards Brandon Pirri and Nicolas Roy to the American Hockey League's Chicago Wolves.
Pirri has appeared in 16 games with the Golden Knights and has tallied two assists this season to go with eight penalty minutes. With the Wolves this season, he has recorded 35 points (15 G, 20 A) to go with 30 penalty minutes in 38 games. Last season, Pirri matched his highest NHL point output since the 2015-16 season in half as many games, finishing with 18 points (12 G, 6 A) to go with six penalty minutes in 31 games with the Golden Knights. Prior to being recalled by Vegas, the Toronto, Ontario native led the American Hockey League with 42 points (18 G, 24 A) in 29 games with Chicago.
Roy made his Golden Knights debut against Anaheim on October 27 and scored the first goal of his NHL career. He has appeared in 28 games with Vegas this season and has tallied 10 points (5 G, 5 A) to go with eight penalty minutes. This season with the Wolves, he has appeared in 27 games and has recorded 22 points (7 G, 15 A) to go with 10 penalty minutes. Last season with the AHL's Charlotte Checkers, Roy finished with 36 points (17 G, 19 A) to go with 28 penalty minutes in 69 games and ranked third on the team with five game-winning goals. He also appeared in 19 Calder Cup playoff games for the Checkers and helped lead the team to a Calder Cup championship. The native of Amos, Quebec was acquired by the Golden Knights along with a conditional fifth round draft pick in the 2021 NHL Entry Draft from Carolina in exchange for forward Erik Haula.
Brandon Pirri , Forward
Birthplace: Toronto, Ontario
Weight: 186 lbs.
Draft: Selected by Chicago Blackhawks in the second round (59th overall) of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft
- Has appeared in 16 games for the Golden Knights during the 2019-20 season, recording two assists
- Has recorded 35 points (15 G, 20 A) to go with 30 penalty minutes in 38 games with the American Hockey League's Chicago Wolves during the 2019-20 season
- Finished the 2018-19 season with Vegas appearing in 31 games and totaling 18 points (12 G, 6 A)
- Had a career-high six game point streak from December 30, 2018 - January 15, 2019
- Has appeared in 44 games with the Golden Knights in two seasons collecting 22 points (15 G, 7 A)
- Started the 2018-19 season with the Wolves, appearing in 29 games and recording 42 points (18 G, 24 A)
Nicolas Roy, Forward
Birthplace: Amos, Quebec
Weight: 200 lbs.
Draft: Selected by Carolina Hurricanes in the fourth round (96th overall) in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft
- Has recorded 10 points (5 G, 5 A) to go with eight penalty minutes in 28 games with Golden Knights this season
- Made Golden Knights debut against Anaheim (Oct. 27) and scored his first career NHL goal
- Has appeared in 27 games for the Chicago Wolves this season and has recorded 22 points (7 G, 15 A) to go with 10 penalty minutes
- Finished the 2018-19 season with the Charlotte Checkers of the American Hockey League with 36 points (17 G, 19 A) to go with 28 penalty minutes in 69 games
- Appeared in six games with the Carolina Hurricanes during the 2018-19 season
- Helped lead the Checkers to a Calder Cup championship in 2019, finishing with 15 points (6 G, 9 A) to go with 14 penalty minutes in 19 games, which tied for third on the team in scoring
- Led the Checkers in the 2019 Calder Cup Playoffs in short-handed goals with two
ABOUT THE VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS
The Vegas Golden Knights are a National Hockey League franchise owned and operated by Black Knight Sports and Entertainment LLC. The Vegas Golden Knights were established by founding partners William Foley and his family and the Maloof family. For the latest news and information on the Golden Knights visit vegasgoldenknights.com. Fans can follow the team on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.