VEGAS (November 6, 2019) - Vegas Golden Knights General Manager Kelly McCrimmon announced today, November 6, the following roster transactions: the team has assigned forward Nicolas Roy and defenseman Nicolas Hague to the American Hockey League's Chicago Wolves.
Roy made his Golden Knights debut against Anaheim on October 27 and scored the first goal of his NHL career. He has appeared in a total of eight NHL games, seven of which came with the Carolina Hurricanes. This season with the Wolves, he has appeared in six games. Last season with the AHL's Charlotte Checkers, Roy finished with 36 points (17 G, 19 A) to go with 28 penalty minutes in 69 games and ranked third on the team with five game-winning goals. He also appeared in 19 Calder Cup playoff games for the Checkers and helped lead the team to a Calder Cup championship. Roy finished tied for third on the team in playoff scoring with 15 points (6 G, 9 A) to go with 14 penalty minutes. In two seasons in the AHL, he amassed 74 points (28 G, 46 A) to go with 65 penalty minutes in 139 games. The native of Amos, Quebec was acquired by the Golden Knights along with a conditional fifth round draft pick in the 2021 NHL Entry Draft from Carolina in exchange for forward Erik Haula.
Hague, who made his NHL debut on October 4 at San Jose, has appeared in eight games for the Golden Knights and recorded two assists. During the 2018-19 season with Chicago, he recorded 32 points (13 G, 19 A) to go with 38 penalty minutes in 75 regular-season games. Hague also helped lead the Wolves to the Calder Cup Final after recording 11 points (4 G, 7 A) to go with 31 penalty minutes in 22 playoff games. The native of Kitchener, Ontario was selected by Vegas in the second round (34th overall) of the 2017 NHL Entry Draft.
Nicolas Roy, Forward
Birthplace: Amos, QC, Canada
Weight: 200 lbs.
Draft: Selected by Carolina Hurricanes in the fourth round (96th overall) in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft
- Made Golden Knights debut against Anaheim (Oct. 27) and scored his first career NHL goal
- Finished the 2018-19 season with the Charlotte Checkers of the American Hockey League with 36 points (17 G, 19 A) to go with 28 penalty minutes in 69 games
- Appeared in six games with the Carolina Hurricanes during the 2018-19 season
- Helped lead the Checkers to a Calder Cup championship in 2019, finishing with 15 points (6 G, 9 A) to go with 14 penalty minutes in 19 games, which tied for third on the team in scoring
- Led the Checkers in the 2019 Calder Cup Playoffs in short-handed goals with two
- Collected 38 points (11 G, 27 A) in 70 games for the Checkers in 2017-18 season
Nicolas Hague, Defenseman
Birthplace: Kitchener, ON, Canada
Weight: 221 lbs.
Draft: Selected by the Vegas Golden Knights in the second round (34th overall) in the 2017 NHL Entry Draft
- Made NHL debut with the Vegas Golden Knights on October 4 at San Jose
- Has recorded two assists in eight games with the Golden Knights during the 2019-20 season
- Finished the 2018-19 season with the Chicago Wolves of the American Hockey League with 32 points (13 G, 19 A) to go with 38 penalty minutes in 75 games
- Helped lead the Wolves to a Calder Cup Final appearance in 2019, finishing with 11 points (4 G, 7 A) to go with 31 penalty minutes in 22 games
ABOUT THE VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS
The Vegas Golden Knights are a National Hockey League franchise owned and operated by Black Knight Sports and Entertainment LLC. The Vegas Golden Knights were established by founding partners William Foley and his family and the Maloof family. For the latest news and information on the Golden Knights visit vegasgoldenknights.com. Fans can follow the team on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.