The Philadelphia Flyers announced today they have signed goaltender Felix Sandstrom to a one-year, two-way contract with an average annual value (AAV) of 750K, according to President of Hockey Operations & General Manager Chuck Fletcher.
DRAFTED: 2015 (3rd Round, 70th Overall) by FLYERS
AGE: 24 (1-12-1997)
BORN: Gavle, Sweden
VITALS: 6'2", 192 pounds
* Sandstrom spent the 2020-21 season primarily with the Flyers AHL affiliate, the Lehigh Valley Phantoms, where he posted a 5-3-3 record with a 3.19 goals-against average and .903 save percentage in 11 appearances.
* He also spent time with the Flyers on the club's Taxi Squad throughout the shortened season.
* He spent his first full rookie season in 2019-20 with the Flyers ECHL affiliate, the Reading Royals, where he posted a 13-11-1 record with a 3.27 GAA and .885 sv. pct. in 25 games.
* Sandstrom signed his entry-level contract with the Flyers on March 27, 2018 and made his AHL debut with Lehigh Valley on April 12, 2019 and stopped 40 of 43 shots in a 4-3 win at Providence.
* Prior to playing in North America, Sandstrom played professionally in the Swedish Hockey League (SHL) with Brynas and HV-71 from 2015-18 and compiled a record of 40-35-0, 2.40 GAA and .907 save percentage.
* In 2017, he helped Brynas reach the SHL Finals, appearing in 13 playoff games and posting a 6-4 record, but did not start in the Game 7 loss.
* On the international stage for Sweden, he saw a majority of time in net at the 2017 IIHF World Junior Championships and was named the Best Goaltender of the Tournament by the IIHF. He finished with a 4-2-0 record and a 2.17 and .915 save percentage after facing 152 shots throughout the 10 days.