The Philadelphia Flyers announced today they have signed forward Derick Brassard to a one-year contract worth an average annual value (AAV) of $825,000, according to President of Hockey Operations & General Manager Chuck Fletcher.
DERICK BRASSARD (bruh - SAHRD)
PREVIOUS TEAM: Arizona Coyotes
DRAFTED: 2006 - 1st Round (6th overall) by Columbus Blue Jackets
AGE: 33 (9-22-1987)
BORN: Hull, Quebec
VITALS: 6'1", 202 pounds
* Brassard spent last season (2020-21) with the Arizona Coyotes where he posted 20 points (8g-12a) in 53 games.
* Over parts of 14 seasons in the NHL, Brassard has appeared in 905 career regular season games and recorded 194 goals and 309 points for 503 points.
* He is also a veteran of over 100 Stanley Cup Playoff games, appearing in 117 postseason games with 25 goals and 43 assists for 68 points.
* He appeared on Alain Vigneault's team that made the Stanley Cup Final with the New York Rangers in 2014 and posted 12 points (6g-6a) in 23 games, which included two game-winning goals including an overtime game-winning goal in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals vs. Pittsburgh.
* He has also appeared in four Conference Finals, most recently with the NY Islanders in the 2020 playoff bubble in Toronto & Edmonton.
* He has spent time with eight teams in his NHL career with 10 of the 14 seasons as a member of the Columbus Blue Jackets (2007-13) and New York Rangers (2013-16), where played for current head coach Alain Vigneault.
* Brassard has also played for the Ottawa Senators (2016-18), Pittsburgh Penguins (2018-19), Florida Panthers (2019), Colorado Avalanche (2019), New York Islanders (2019-20) and Coyotes (2020-21).
* Internationally, he has helped Canada win the gold medal at the 2016 IIHF World Championship when he posted 11 points (5g-6a) in 10 games.