The Philadelphia Flyers announced today they have signed defenseman Derrick Pouliot to a one-year, two-way contract worth an average annual value (AAV) of $700K, according to President of Hockey Operations & General Manager Chuck Fletcher.
Below are notes on Pouliot and his career:
DERRICK POULIOT (POO-lee-awt)
PREVIOUS TEAM: St. Louis (NHL), San Antonio (AHL)
DRAFTED: 2012 - 1st Round (8th overall) by Pittsburgh Penguins
AGE: 26 (1-16-1994)
BORN: Estevan, Saskatchewan
VITALS: 6'0", 196 lbs
* Pouliot spent most of the 2019-20 season in the American Hockey League with the San Antonio Rampage where he recorded 39 points (7g-32a) in 58 games, which ranked sixth among all AHL d-men.
* He skated in two games for the St. Louis Blues in 2019-20.
* Pouliot has appeared in 202 regular season games in the NHL with three teams and posted a career total of 48 points (8g-40a) in those 202 NHL games with the Pittsburgh Penguins (2014-15 through 2016-17), Vancouver Canucks (2017-18 through 2018-19) and the Blues (2019-20).
* Pouliot also skated in two games with the Penguins during their run to the 2016 Stanley Cup Championship.
* He has also appeared in 172 games in the AHL with the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins (2014-15 through 2016-17) and Rampage (2019-20), and has posted 109 points (27g-82a).