The Flyers start Day 2 of the NHL Draft with six picks:
Round 2 - Pick 54
Round 4 - Pick 116
Round 5 - Pick 147
Round 6 - Pick 178
Round 7 - Pick 202
Round 7 - Pick 209
With the 54th overall selection in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft, the Philadelphia Flyers have selected EMIL ANDRAE from HV-71 Jr. of the Swedish Jr. League...
TEAM/LEAGUE: HV-71, Sweden Jr.
VITALS: 5'8", 181 lbs
BIRTHDATE: February 23, 2002
BIRTHPLACE: Vastervik, Sweden
* He led all defensemen in Sweden's top junior league with 38 points (11g-27a) in 40 games this season.
* He also appeared in 10 games for HV-71's men's team in Sweden's top professional league, the SHL.
* Internationally, he is a two-time medalist - winning bronze with Sweden at 2018 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge with 3 assists in 6 games and 2019 Hlinka-Gretzky Cup with 4 assists in 5 games.
Mark Greig, Flyers Scout
"I like his offensive dynamic. He's a good skater and a heads up player that's a real crafty puck-handler. He has vision. At times you can see him slow down the game in transition and then going forward. He can also be dynamic off the offensive blueline and find offense. I think that's the strength of his game. He's a little under-sized but he's pretty aware so he doesn't get himself into trouble."
NHL Central Scouting
"Offensive-minded mobile defenseman. Compensates a lack of size with skating, vision, puck handling and fine overall skills. A creative player who is smart in traffic."
With the 94th overall selection in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft, the Philadelphia Flyers have selected right wing ZAYDE WISDOM from Kingston Frontenacs of the Ontario Hockey League.
POSITION: Right Wing
TEAM/LEAGUE: Kingston Frontenacs - OHL
VITALS: 5'10", 195 lbs
BIRTHDATE: July 7, 2002
BIRTHPLACE: Toronto, Ontario
* He finished second on the Kingston Frontenacs in goals (29), assists (30) and points (59) in 62 games this past season (2019-20).
* Wisdom's 2019-20 totals marked a huge leap in production over his rookie campaign in 2018-19, including a 26-goal and 49-point improvement over his first-year totals where he had 10 points (3g-7a) in 60 games.
* He was named the recipient of 2020 E.J. McGuire Award of Excellence, which is presented annually by the NHL to a candidate who best exemplifies commitment to excellence through strength of character, competitiveness, and athleticism. Current Flyer forward Travis Konecny (2015) is also a former recipient of this award.
* He looks up to former Flyer Wayne Simmonds and was a regular participant in the annual Wayne's Road Hockey Warriors Charity Ball Hockey Tournament for underprivileged children.
* Zayde credits the guidance of trainer Derrell Levy, who started in-tech high performance training and works with several NHL clients with helping him develop as a young hockey player.
* Wisdom was raised by his mother, Mairri, and his grandmother, Kitty. His mother worked multiple jobs so that he could play house league hockey.
* His brother, Zaccharya, was a sixth-round pick of the OHL's Niagara Icedogs in 2020 (102nd overall) after skating for the Mississauga Senators under-16 team in the Greater Toronto Hockey League in 2019-20.
Rick Pracey, Flyers Scout
"We really like him from a complimentary standpoint. He's a guy that can make plays. He thinks on the ice well. His puck game is a positive. We like that he provides a physical element. He's strong. We think he's competitive and he has a well-rounded game."
Bill Meltzer, Flyers contributor
"Stylistically, he gets conveniently compared to longtime Flyers right winger Wayne Simmonds. They have different builds -- Wisdom has a fireplug frame while Simmonds is tall and lanky -- but the stylistic comparison and the level of heart and determination has some validity."
With the 135th overall selection in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft, the Philadelphia Flyers have selected left wing ELLIOT DESNOYERS from Halifax Mooseheads of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
POSITION: Left Wing
TEAM/LEAGUE: Halifax/ QMJHL
VITALS: 5'11", 172 lbs
BIRTHDATE: Jan. 21, 2002
BIRTHPLACE: Saint-Hyacinthe, PQ
* Ranked 89th by McKeen's, Desnoyers is in his first season with Halifax after playing with the Moncton Wildcats the last two years.
* Responsible, hard-working two-way player with bottom-six upside.
* A naturally good skater, his skating should get even better as he adds muscle.
McKeen's 2020 Draft Guide
"His combination of high-end skating ability and hockey sense makes him extremely
versatile. Desnoyers rarely makes mistakes. He is one of the better QMJHL players without the puck; he follows the play well, is great in pursuit on the backcheck, blocks shots, blocks lanes, and provides good support in follow-ups along the boards. Desnoyers is also aggressive in playing through the middle of the ice, driving the net and pouncing on loose pucks."
Bill Meltzer, Flyers contributor
"Not a flashy player but a smart and responsible one. Good motor, takes pride in attention to detail. Has not played on the upper end of the lineup during his junior career but is the type of player that coaches like and trust."
Brent Flahr, Vice President & Assistant General Manager
"He's a guy that our guys in the Quebec league were high on. He played on a very good Moncton team last year. Didn't have a huge role, but got better and better throughout the year. This year, he's moved to Halifax and has a big role on the team. He's had a real good start. He's a real hardworking, energy two-way center and wing. He's playing center right now. He's a real smart player, real detailed player. A player all coaches like. Our guys just think he's going to get better and better there so we stepped up on him."
With the 178th overall selection in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft, the Philadelphia Flyers have selected right wing CONNOR MCCLENNON from Winnipeg Ice of the Western Hockey League.
POSITION: RIGHT WING
TEAM/LEAGUE: Winnipeg/ WHL
VITALS: 5'8", 168 lbs
BIRTHDATE: June 25, 2002
BIRTHPLACE: Wainwright, ALB
* Plays for Nolan Patrick's uncle, James Patrick, for the Winnipeg Ice. Close friends with 2020 Ottawa Senators first-round pick Ridly Greig.
* Scored 8 goals in five games for Canada at the 2018-19 Under-17s; a feat matched only by top Montreal Canadiens scoring prospect Cole Caufield.
* A creative offensive player who loves to shoot the puck and plays with a lot of energy, the pint-sized forward compares himself to Chicago Blackhawks forward Alex Debrincat.
* A collarbone injury curtailed his last season before the pandemic. He has added five pounds since the end of last season, and hopes to go into the 2020-21 season at at least 170 pounds, if possible.
Brent Flahr, Flyers assistant general manager
"One of the top picks in the Western League. Has been a prolific scorer in his age group. His competitiveness is very strong, very good motor. Very good shot and loves to shoot. Players his size need that. He has to get stronger, obviously, and he is working on that. We had a bit of an inside edge on him. He is good friends with Ridly Greig."
Bill Meltzer, Flyers contributor
"A sixth-round swing for the fences, McLennon was ranked 92nd by Craig Button and 121st by McKeen's. Already wears an 'A' for Winnipeg, and is another in a series of highly competitive players in this year's Flyers Draft crop, including several who have been captains or alternates at many levels. He has a very good shot that he loves to fire at every opportunity."