CANUCKS VS BLUES PREVIEW: (TV: Sportsnet Pacific; Radio: Sportsnet 650)
The Vancouver Canucks face off against the St. Louis Blues for their third and final meeting this season (0-1-1).
Tonight also marks the 3rd of a 4-game road trip that concludes in Dallas (Mar. 25).
Tonight marks the last of the Canucks 10th and final back-to-back series this season. Vancouver is 6-12-1 (3-6-1 in the first game and 3-6-0 in the second game) in back-to-back games thus far in 2017.18.
To date, Vancouver is 14-24-5 against teams from the Western Conference (8-7-4 versus teams from the Central Division).
LAST MEETING - DEC. 23/18: VAN 1 vs STL 3
Brock Boeser notched his 20th goal of the season in his 37th game, becoming the quickest rookie to do so in Canucks history and breaking Trevor Linden's previous record (20 in game #52)...Sam Gagner extended his scoring streak to three straight games with an assist...Thomas Vanek tallied his 13th assist of the season...Jacob Markstrom faced 33 shots.
VS BLUES TIDBITS:
• Henrik Sedin leads Canucks skaters in career points against the Blues (12-31-43 in 61 games).
• Daniel Sedin has accumulated 41 career points (11-30-41) in 60 games vs STL.
• Loui Eriksson has recorded 23 career points (11-12-23) in 35 games against the Blues.
• Loui Eriksson recorded his 500th NHL point on Apr. 1/16 at STL.
• Brandon Sutter notched his 100th NHL goal and appeared in his 500th NHL game on Oct. 16/15 vs STL.
LAST GAME: MAR. 22/18: VAN 5 at CHI 2
Alex Edler opened the scoring and led the Canucks with goals on the night (2)...Bo Horvat registered his ninth career GWG...Henrik Sedin and Brandon Sutter also collected goals on the night...Henrik Sedin moved in to 26th all-time for most assists...Jacob Markstrom faced 41 shots...the Canucks swept the Blackhawks in the regular season for the first time since the 2005-06 season.
THE GOING RATE:
• Derrick Pouliot has 8 assists/points over the past 18 games.
• Brendan Leipsic has 7 points (2-5-7) over the past 11 games as a Canuck.
• Brandon Sutter has 6 points (4-2-6) over the past 15 games.
• Daniel Sedin has 17 points (8-9-17) over the past 19 games.
• Alex Edler has 9 points (3-6-9) over the past 16 games.
• Henrik Sedin has 9 points over the past 17 games.
• Jussi Jokinen has a goal in 2 of his last 6 games.
• Darren Archibald has 6 points (3-3-6) over the past 19 games.
• Bo Horvat has collected 16 points (8-8-16) over the past 21 games (9 points over the past 11 games).
• Nikolay Goldobin has 6 points (3-3-6) over the past 14 games.
• Sam Gagner has an assist in 4 of his last 8 games.
PLAYER QUICK HITS:
• Alex Edler collected his 326th career point on Mar. 2/18 vs NSH to become the leading scorer among defencemen in franchise history, surpassing Mattias Ohlund. He ranks 23rd among active NHL defencemen in career scoring.
• Alex Edler ranks 3rd in the NHL and has set a new single-season career-high with 175 blocked shots. His prevous career-high of 145 blocked shots occurred during the 2011.12 season.
• Daniel Sedin notched his 20th goal of the season on Feb. 28. He has now surpassed Markus Naslund for the most 20+ goal seasons in franchise history (Daniel has done it 11 times). Daniel ranks tied for 5th among active players for most 20+ goal seasons, behind Hossa (15), Marleau (15), Ovechkin (13) and Nash (12).
• Daniel Sedin collected his 136th career PPG on Feb. 25/18 at ARI, moving him into sole of possession of second for most career PPG among Swedish-born players in NHL history. Mats Sundin leads the way with 160 career PPG. Now with 137 PPG, Daniel ranks t-69th all-time for most PPG.
• Daniel Sedin collected his 85th career GWG on Feb. 25/18 at ARI to move into a tie for 26th all-time in NHL history (with Glenn Anderson and Marian Hossa). He is one GWG away from tying Joe Sakic and Pierre Turgeon for 24th most in history. 21.8% of Daniel Sedin's career goals have been been GWG. That is the 2nd highest percentage in NHL history among players with 250 career goals.
• Henrik Sedin appeared in his 1,300th NHL game Feb. 3/18 vs TBL. He became just the 62nd player all-time and third Swedish born player in League history to achieve the feat. He now sits 56th all-time with 1,321 games played.
• Michael Del Zotto ranks 6th in the NHL and has set a new single-season career-high with 220 hits. His previous career-high of 173 hits occurred during the 2016.17 season.