CANUCKS AT DUCKS PREVIEW
The Vancouver Canucks face off against the Anaheim Ducks for the first of four meetings this season. The Canucks visit Anaheim again on Mar. 14 and the two teams meet at Rogers Arena on Jan. 2 and in the series finale on Mar. 27.
Vancouver is 5-5-0 in their last 10 games against Anaheim.
Tonight's game is the second game of a 4-game road trip that also sees stops in San Jose (Nov. 11) and Los Angeles (Nov. 14).
Tonight also marks Michael Del Zotto's 500th career game. He'll become the eighth defenceman taken in the 2008 NHL Draft to appear in 500 games.
VS DUCKS NOTES
• Michael Del Zotto (Nov. 20/14), Alex Edler (Nov. 30/06) and Bo Horvat (Nov. 20/14) each notched their first career NHL goal in a game versus Anaheim.
• Sam Gagner has 17 points (8-9-17) in 32 career games versus the Ducks. His last GWG occurred on Oct. 28/16 at ANA.
• Erik Gudbranson's career-high for assists in a game (2) occurred on Feb. 10/15 vs ANA.
• Jacob Markstrom is 2-0-0 along with a .954 save percentage and 1.32 GAA in 3 career games versus the Ducks.
• Daniel Sedin has recorded 44 points (17-27-44) in 65 career games versus the Ducks.
• Henrik Sedin has collected 45 points (10-35-45) in 66 career games versus Anaheim.
• Thomas Vanek has registered 13 points (7-6-13) in 17 career games versus the Ducks.
LAST GAME: NOV. 7/17: VAN 5 at CGY 3
Sam Gagner opened the scoring on the power play at 15:38 of the first period...Thomas Vanek had a goal at 15:09 of the second (and added an assist in his 900th NHL game)...Derek Dorsett scored shorthanded at 18:20 of the second to tie the game 3-3...Bo Horvat notched the game-winner on the power play early in the third and Henrik Sedin notched his first of the season 38 seconds later...Jacob Markstrom made 29 saves to help Vancouver improve to 5-1-0 on the road this season...Daniel Sedin and Ben Hutton each netted a season-high 2 assists on the night...Alex Biega collected his first point/assist of the season and also added a game-high 5 hits...Michael Del Zotto, Brock Boeser, Jake Virtanen and Brandon Sutter also notched an assist each.
QUICK HITS (Through Nov. 7)
• Brock Boeser ranks tied for 3rd in rookie goals (5) and tied for 2nd in rookie points (14). He also leads all rookies in points per game (1.17).
• Bo Horvat ranks 9th in the League in faceoff wins (170). Brandon Sutter ranks t-18th with 141.
• Michael Del Zotto leads the team and ranks tied for t-16th in the League in blocked shots with 33. He also leads the team and ranks 21st in the League with 24:17 TOI/game.
• Derek Dorsett leads the team in goals (7), hits (33) and penalty minutes (46) and is tied for fourth in points (9). He ranks 6th in the League for best shooting percentage (31.8%; min. 10 games played).
• The Canucks rank tied for 5th in faceoff win percentage at 52.0%.
• Vancouver is tied for 4th for fewest goals against per game at 2.40.
• According to Elias Sports Bureau, with his second shutout in his third game of the season, Anders Nilsson became the latest goalie to record two shutouts over his first three games with a team since Michael Neuvirth recorded shutouts in his second and third appearances with the Flyers on Oct.12-14/15.
• With his third career shutout on Oct. 17 at OTT, Anders Nilsson became the third Canucks goaltender to post a shutout in his Canucks debut (joining Mike Fountain (1993) and Johan Hedberg (2003)). He also became the first Canucks goaltender to earn a shutout at Ottawa since Kay Whitmore on Apr. 4/93.
• With his 3 point performance on Oct. 20 at BUF, Derek Dorsett tied a career-high for both goals (2) and points (3) in a game. His first goal shorthanded was the 4th such goal of his career.
THE GOING RATE
• Brock Boeser has 14 points (5-9-14) over 12 games played; he has 5 points (3-2-5) over the past 3 games.
• Derek Dorsett has 7 goals over the past 12 games. This included a 3-goal scoring streak, the longest goal scoring streak of his career, from Oct. 19-22.
• Bo Horvat has 10 points (3-7-10) over the past 8 games; he has at least a point in 3 straight games (2-4-6).
• Sven Baertschi has 8 points (4-4-8) over the past 8 games; he has 3 points (0-3-3) over the past 3 games.
• Thomas Vanek has 5 points (2-3-5) over the past 6 games.
• Daniel Sedin has 4 points (1-3-4) over the past 5 games; he has at least a point in 2 straight games (1-2-3).
• Henrik Sedin has a point in 2 straight games (1-1-2).
• Michael Del Zotto has a point in 2 straight games (1-1-2). He tied a career-high 4 game assist/point streak earlier this season from Oct. 14-20: 5 assists.