Cache Creek Casino Resort is proud to sponsor the Cache Creek Sharks Penalty Box Seats Sweepstakes.
Sweepstakes will consist of one drawing with one winner selected. The drawing will award one (1) prize of twelve (12) penalty box tickets for the Sharks home game on March 9, 2017 against the Washington Capitals.
Sweepstakes drawing begins on January 16, 2017 and ends on February 26, 2017 with random drawing to occur on or about February 27, 2017.
So, sign up today and you could be one of the lucky fans to enjoy this memorable day, brought to you by Cache Creek Casino Resort
SAN JOSE SHARKS CACHE CREEK PENALTY BOX SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON PER HOUSEHOLD.
The Sharks Cache Creek Penalty Box Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of California 21 years of age or older on date of entry. Void where prohibited. The Sweepstakes begins at 9:00 A.M. (PT) on January 16, 2017, and ends at 11:59 P.M. (PT) on February 26, 2017 (the "Sweepstakes Period").
1. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes, during the Sweepstakes Period visit www.sjsharks.com/penaltybox (the "Website"). Follow the provided instructions to complete and submit an online entry form with your name, birthdate and email address (the "Entry"). Only one (1) Entry per person per household will be eligible. All entries must be received by 11:59 P.M. (PT) on FEBRUARY 26, 2017. Duplicate entries will be disqualified. All entries become the property of the Sharks and will not be acknowledged or returned. The Sharks computer is the official timekeeper for the Sweepstakes. Proof of transmission is not proof of receipt. Sharks reserve the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry that it has reason to believe was not submitted in accordance with these Official Rules. Sharks are not responsible for any inability by potential entrants to connect to the Internet or to access the Website.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of California, 21 years of age or older, with access to the Website on the date of Entry. Employees of Sharks Sports & Entertainment, LLC, the advertising and promotional agencies involved with this Sweepstakes, each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, officers, agents, board members, staff, agents, legal representatives, administrators, assigns, heirs and executors, and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of such employees, are not eligible to participate or win. Purchasing Internet access, a computer and/or any other device for the purpose of participating in the Sweepstakes is expressly prohibited.
3. PRIZES AND ODDS: One (1) Grand Prize Winner (the "Winner") shall have the opportunity to win twelve (12) penalty box tickets to the Sharks v. Capitals game on March 9, 2017 to be held at the SAP Center at San Jose (the "Prize"). The exact nature of the Prize, including the locations of Prize tickets will be determined in the sole discretion of the Sharks. Prize may be made available to Winner for pickup at 525 West Santa Clara Street, San Jose, CA 95113, or may be delivered to Winner through U.S. mail, UPS, or similar delivery method. The odds of winning a Sweepstakes prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Approximate retail value of prize is $2,500. The Winner shall be fully responsible for any and all applicable federal, state, international and local taxes. All costs and expenses not specified herein related to the Prize, including but not limited to lodging, transportation costs, meals, taxes (including income taxes) and gratuities and other expenses incurred by accepting the Prize are the sole responsibility of Winner. A Winner may be required to provide the Sharks with certain personal information to comply with tax reporting rules as a result of accepting a Prize. The Prize is non-transferable and non-assignable, with no cash redemption or substitution except at the Sharks' sole discretion. The Sharks will not be responsible for Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other unforeseen force majeure beyond their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of the presentation of the Prize. Limit one (1) Winner per household. NHL event dates, or the rescheduling of the designated event, and times are determined in the sole discretion of the NHL, as applicable, and may be subject to change. The terms and conditions of the tickets to the event awarded as the Prize will govern in the event that an event, as defined by the National Hockey League, does not occur due to weather, an Act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS: One (1) Winner will be randomly selected by a method determined by the Sharks in its sole discretion from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The drawing will be conducted on or about February 27, 2017. Sweepstakes administration and selection of potential winners are final and binding. Failure to comply with the Validation process described herein and/or any other term contained in these Official Rules when requested may result in disqualification and selection of an alternative Winner.
5. VALIDATION: Winner will be notified by phone and/or email using the contact information submitted at the time of entry. Each Winner may be required to sign and return a notarized affidavit of eligibility/release of liability and/or publicity release. The Sharks shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by a Winner for any reason. Winner must respond to prize notification and accept Prize within three (3) days after initial notification attempt. If a Winner does not respond and accept the Prize within three (3) days after the first notification attempt, or if the Prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such Winner, the Winner may be disqualified and an alternate Winner may be selected. If any Winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Winner may be selected. In the event that an alternate Winner or alternate Winners are selected, such Winners will be randomly selected by a method determined by the Sharks in its sole discretion from among eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Entries generated by a script, macro, robotic or other automated means will be disqualified. USE OF COMPUTER PROGRAMS TO ENTER AND/OR OTHER AUTOMATIC ENTRY METHODS (SUCH AS HACKS OR BOTS), REGARDLESS OF METHOD OF ENTRY, IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Sharks reserve the right to disqualify, block or discard any entries from any individual who enters by any kind of electronic, mechanical or other automated means or otherwise tampers with or hacks the entry process as determined by the Sharks in it sole discretion. Sharks also reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Internet, electronic and/or text-messaging portions of the Sweepstakes in the event of a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical or system failure or disruption, force majeure or any other cause which, in its sole opinion, corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper operation of the Sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SHARKS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Please note, by entering, you agree that if selected as a Winner, the Sharks have the right (but is not obligated) to announce your name, home city, and state, and to air your voice live on-air during a broadcast show. The Sharks are not responsible for late, lost and/or incomplete entries, which will be disqualified.
By entering, you agree and accept to be bound by these complete Official Rules and all other terms and conditions as determined by the Sharks, which shall be final. The Sharks have the right to modify these Official Rules in its sole discretion for clarification purpose without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes. Except where prohibited, each Winner grants to the Sharks and its advertising agencies the right to use, and publish his or her proper name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information and state of residency and announce on-air Winner's name, home city and state in any media to promote the Sharks and the Sweepstakes without additional compensation.
Entrants enter at their own risk. No responsibility is assumed for and the Sharks and its agents shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incorrect, incomplete, ineligible or unintelligible entries; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware, software program, network, Internet or computer failures or difficulties; (iii) errors in transmission; (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sharks that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; (v) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by a prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (vi) any printing or typographical error in any materials associated with these Official Rules or the Sweepstakes generally. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damages caused or claimed to be caused by his or her participation in the Sweepstakes and/or the acceptance and/or use of any prize, and release the Sharks and its officers, directors, employees, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and agents from any such liability. The Sharks and its officers, directors, employees, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and agents assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants or to any other person's computer relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with this Sweepstakes. PLEASE NOTE THAT A HIGH VOLUME OF ENTRIES, ONLINE OR BY SMS (TEXT MESSAGING), OR TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES WITH THE SYSTEM, MAY RESULT IN TEMPORARY INABILITY TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES OR A DELAY IN THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES SUCH THAT YOUR ENTRY MAY NOT BE RECEIVED IN TIME TO PARTICIPATE. THE SHARKS AND ITS AGENTS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE SHOULD ANY ENTRY NOT BE RECEIVED DUE TO SUCH DELAYS. The Sharks may prohibit any entrant or potential entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes, if at the sole discretion of the Sharks, such person shows a disregard for these Official Rules, or acts (1) with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrant, the Sharks, or it agents or representatives; or (2) in any other disruptive manner. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant entering via the methods set forth above in section #1, the authorized account holder of the mobile phone or email address used to enter, if applicable, will be deemed to be the entrant. "Authorized account holder" of an email address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and the Sharks in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. Sharks' decisions as to all matters related to the administration of the Sweepstakes and selection of the Winners are final.
7. DISPUTE RESOLUTION. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and finally resolved exclusively by binding arbitration administered by a single arbitrator of the American Arbitration Association in accordance with its Commercial Arbitration Rules and taking place in San Jose, California. Any judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Except as required by law, neither party nor the arbitrator may disclose the existence, content, results or award of any arbitration without the prior written consent of all parties. The arbitrator will have no authority to award punitive or other damages not measured by the prevailing party's actual damages. You waive the right to resolve a dispute by any other means, including by a jury trial. This dispute resolution provision shall survive the Sweepstakes and cannot be modified. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE ELECTING TO RESOLVE ANY DISPUTE RELATED TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES THROUGH ARBITRATION AND ARE WAIVING YOUR RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL.
Any and all claims, judgments and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages.
8. PUBLICITY AND USE OF LIKENESS: By entering the Sweepstakes, you certify, warrant, represent, agree and covenant to the Sharks, the National Hockey League (the "NHL"), and all others acting with the Sharks' authority (collectively, the "Releasees") the following:
RIGHT TO USE & OWNERSHIP. The Releasees shall have the perpetual and irrevocable right to use, reproduce, print, publish and disseminate in all manners and media your name, image, voice, appearance and other identifying information provided in connection with the Sweepstakes (the "Likeness"), and to record, broadcast and otherwise exploit the Likeness in any and all promotions, advertisements and/or public displays or announcements of any kind and in any and all media. The Releasees shall have full and exclusive ownership and control of any video, photograph or recording of the Likeness (the "Material"). You shall have no rights to such Material, and the Releasees may use, alter or modify all or part of the Material and Likeness, regardless of whether you are recognizable. You acknowledge and understand that the Releasees make no representations that the Likeness or Material will or will not be used in any specified way.
9. RELEASE & INDEMNIFICATION. You acknowledge that you receive material benefit from participation in the Sweepstakes and, in consideration, agree to fully and completely, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (i) WAIVE, RELEASE AND DISCHARGE the Releasees from and with respect to any and all liability, claims, damages, losses, expenses, demands, suits, actions, fines and/or judgments, including without limitation reasonable attorneys' fees, court costs and litigation expenses (the "Claims"), related to or arising from the subject of these Official Rules and this agreement to be bound by them, including, but not limited to, claims arising from or related to the Releasees' negligence; and (ii) INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS the Releasees from any Claims asserted against the Releasees caused by, in whole or in part, or arising from, directly or indirectly, your involvement with the Sweepstakes and/or violation of these Official Rules.
By entering, you agree to that you: (i) understand all terms of these Official Rules, (ii) have full knowledge of the foregoing content and significance, including that, through these Official Rules, you give up legal rights that may otherwise be available, and (iii) enter into this Sweepstakes and accept these terms and conditions freely and voluntarily, without inducement or coercion. You further agree to waive any rights under §1542 of the Civil Code of the State of California, and all similar laws of any jurisdiction, providing:
A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor.
11. SPONSORS/ADMINISTRATOR: San Jose Sharks (the "Sharks"), 525 West Santa Clara Street, San Jose, CA 95113.
12. NAME OF WINNER. The name of the Winner will not be posted online at the www.SJSHARKS.com. A list of Winners may be obtained by sending a request for such a list and a properly stamped, self-addressed envelope to San Jose Sharks Cache Creek Penalty Box Sweepstakes Winners List, 525 West Santa Clara Street, San Jose, CA 95113.