NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Detroit Red Wings Goalie Helmet Design promotion (the "Contest") is open only to residents of Michigan ages 5 - 15 years of age ("Participant"). All entries must be submitted by a parent or legal guardian ("Parent"). Employees of Detroit Red Wings, Inc., Olympia Entertainment, Inc., the National Hockey League, and its Member Clubs, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and their respective parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such entities employees are not eligible to enter the contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. SPONSORS: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan. and Detroit Red Wings, Inc. (collectively "Sponsors")
3. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins, Monday, February 1, 2021 at 12:00pm EST and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on Sunday, February 28, 2021
4. ENTRY: Please visit www.detroitredwings.com/bcbsmgoaliehelmetdesign. to print off the Goalie Helmet design sheet. Each participant needs to create a Detroit Red Wings theme goalie helmet to be worn by Jonathan Bernier during one (1) regular season home game by drawing and coloring the goalie helmet design sheet. Upon completion of Participant's design, Parent will need to submit Participant's entry at www.detroitredwings.com/bcbsmgoaliehelmetdesign along with his/her name, address, e-mail address and age. All entries submitted become the sole property of the Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsors. Any attempt to submit more than the maximum number of entries using multiple/different Facebook accounts, identities or any other methods may void that participant's entry. Entries generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified.
5. SELECTION OF WINNER: Sponsors will select one (1) finalist from each age group (5-6 years of age), (7-8 years of age), (9-10 years of age), (11-12 years of age) and (13-15 years of age). One (1) grand prize winner from the finalists will be selected by Jonathon Bernier on or about March 5, 2021. All finalists and grand prize winner will be chosen based on creativity, originality and Detroit Red Wings theme. Each potential finalist will be notified, by e-mail, and/or telephone. Failure of the potential finalist to respond within a reasonable time frame (but not longer than 24 hours) from such notification referred to above may result in disqualification and the selection of another Entrant from among all eligible entries received. Sponsors are not required to contact potential finalist and/or winner more than once. In the event of non-compliance for any reason, including the inability to accept the prize for any reason, an alternate Entrant may be selected in Sponsors sole discretion.
6. PRIZE: The grand prize winner's ("Winner") helmet design will be produced on a goalie helmet that Jonathan Bernier will wear during a pre-game warm-up and/or during a Detroit Red Wings game. After the game, Jonathan Bernier will sign the helmet which will be given to the Winner. Total ARV of Grand Prize: $3,000. The four (4) remaining finalists will each receive a Jonathan Bernier autographed item. ARV: $150 each. The Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize with another prize of greater or equal value in the event that either one of the above prizes is unavailable due to any factor beyond the Sponsors' reasonable control.
7. CONTENT RESTRICTIONS: Entrants must not include any of the following content (the "Content Restrictions") in any entry: (i) pornography, adult-oriented content or any other sexually-explicit material; (ii) materials relating to lotteries or gambling; (iii) explicit language or content, images of violence, or promotion of illegal activities; (iv) content in violation of intellectual property rights or laws; (v) libelous, defamatory, disparaging, tortious or slanderous materials; (vi) content that denigrates, disparages or reflects negatively on the NHL, their owners and employees, or the game of hockey' (vii) tobacco, alcohol or drugs; (viii) dangerous stunts; (ix) real weapons of any kind including, but not limited to, guns, knives or projectiles; (x) material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age or any other basis protected by federal, state, territory, provincial or local law, ordinance, or regulation; (xi) individuals under legal age of majority without providing a signed release from parent or legal guardian; (xii) audio and/or visual content owned by any third party (e.g., recorded music; pre-produced video, etc.); and (xiii) material that is unlawful, or otherwise in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state/territory/province where the entry is created. Any entry that does not comply with the foregoing, in the sole discretion of Sponsors, will be disqualified.
The submission must be an original work and no part of the work shall be copied from any prior work and otherwise shall not include or adopt the work of another such that the work is subject to the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of a third party.
8. CONDITIONS, DISCLAIMERS, AND LICENSE: By entering this Contest, each Participant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of the Sponsors (which decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest), and to comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations. The decisions of the Sponsors are final on all matters of fact, interpretation, eligibility procedure and fulfillment. Entries and other submitted materials become the property of the Sponsors and/or its promotional partner(s) and will not be acknowledged or returned. The Sponsors are not responsible for incomplete, late, lost, or misdirected entries or for any technical malfunction, human error, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or line failure in connection with any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entries are void if unreadable, inaccurate, incomplete, mutilated, tampered with, forged, mechanically reproduced, irregular in any way, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. The Sponsors makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished or made available in connection with the Contest. Although Sponsors attempts to ensure the integrity of the Contest, the Sponsors are not responsible for the actions of Participants or other individuals in connection with the Contest, including Participants' or other individuals' attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest. The Sponsors are not responsible for injury or damage to Participant's or to any other person's computer(s), other equipment, or person(s), related to or resulting from participation in the Contest or downloading materials from or using the Contest Site. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason including by reason of damage by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical limitations or failures, strikes, industry conditions, bankruptcy or liquidation, marketplace demands, applicable law, unforeseen obstacles, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsors, could corrupt, compromise, undermine, or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, viability, or proper conduct of the Contest, the Sponsors reserve the right in its sole and absolute discretion to modify these Official Rules and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend all or any part of the Contest, and in its sole discretion to select a new potential winner from among all eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension, as applicable. In the event that there are typographical errors that obscure the original intent of the Contest, Sponsors reserve the right to cancel or modify the Contest appropriately. All taxes in connection with the Prize, and the reporting consequence thereof, are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner(s). Prize Winner(s) may be sent a tax form 1099, or other appropriate tax document, in the event the average retail value requires Sponsors to submit such form. Prize is non-transferable to any other person, including relatives or friends. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute the prize with a prize of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Each Prize Winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes associated with the prize. The Parent of the Winner will be required to execute appropriate documents licensing the use of the design to the Detroit Red Wings. The Parent may be required to sign a license that grant to the Detroit Red Wings and its affiliates a fully paid up, royalty free, perpetual license to use, reproduce and display the artistic expression embodied in the artwork/design submitted by Winner. By entering this Contest and unless prohibited by law, each potential prize winner agrees to grant to the Sponsors, and their respective licensees, affiliates, and assigns, the right to print, publish, broadcast, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including without limitation the World Wide Web, at any time or times, each prize winner's name, likeness (actual or simulated), voice (actual or simulated), and biographical information as news or information and for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration; and further without such additional compensation, appear for, or provide biographical information for use in, any presentation or other activity which may include filming/audio/video/electronic or other recordings and/or interviews, as may be determined from time to time by the Sponsors in their sole discretion. By entering this Contest electronically and voluntarily providing your personal information, Participants consent and agree to the Sponsors' collection and use of the Participant's information for the administration of this Contest and agree to Sponsors' use of Participant information for the purpose of contacting Participant in relation to this Contest. For the avoidance of doubt, Participants are providing information to the Sponsors.
9. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: By entering the Contest, Participants release and hold the Sponsors Olympia Entertainment, Inc., Olympia Entertainments Events Center, LLC, the National Hockey League and its Member Clubs, and their respective parents, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, advertisers, promotional agencies and each of their respective directors, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, officers, subsidiaries, agents, employees, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Contest harmless from and against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the Contest or participation in any Contest-related activity, or resulting directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any Prize awarded in connection with the Contest, including without limitation causes of action, claims and demands, including legal fees and expenses, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the Participants or his/her administrators, heirs, successors or assigns might have or could have, by reason of or arising out of the Participant's participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or use Participant of the Prize. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with, Facebook and all Participants agree to release and hold harmless Facebook from any and all liability associated with or arising out of the Contest.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIAIBILITY: The Contest, all Prizes, and all materials provided on or through the Contest Site are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE RELEASE GRANTED BY PARTICIPANTS HEREIN, BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE CONTEST, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2)UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY PARTICIPANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND PARTICIPANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE,INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (3)PARTICIPANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
11. GOVERNING LAW: The Contest and these Official Rules are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of Michigan and the United States of America applicable to contracts made and performed entirely in Michigan. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
12. AWARDING OF THE PRIZE: Each Winner must claim the prize in person and must present proper identification in order to receive winnings. Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.