WINNIPEG, MANITOBA - The National Hockey League would like to remind fans attending Saturday's 2016 NHL Heritage Classic™ Alumni Game and Sunday's 2016 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic™ about some traffic, parking and security matters:
* All guests are encouraged to arrive and enter Investors Group Field early to alleviate the long security screening lines at all gates.
*Outside food and beverage will not be permitted to be brought into Investors Group Field.
* The Box Office is located on the northeast exterior of Investors Group Field near gate 3. No third party Will Call will be accepted.
* Children under two years of age may enter without a ticket but must sit on the lap of an accompanying adult.
* Any fan who purchased 2016 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic™ tickets or 2016 Rogers NHL Heritage Classic™ Alumni Game tickets from authorized outlets for the event (i.e., the Winnipeg Jets™, the Edmonton Oilers®, the National Hockey League® or Ticketmaster.ca) for children under the age of two may obtain a refund for such a ticket on the day of the game by bringing their ticket and child to the main box office at Investors Group Field prior to the start of the game.
* Security and law enforcement officials will be on-site to ensure the safety of everyone attending the events. All guests, including children, must consent to a search of their person and anything they are carrying. Metal detectors will be located at all stadium gates.
* Guests may not exit and re-enter Investors Group Field using the same ticket.
Notable Opening Times for Stadium Events (all times CT and subject to change)
Investors Group Field Parking Lots: 10:45 a.m. (Sautrday); 9:30 a.m. (Sunday)
NHL Spectator Plaza: 11 a.m. (Saturday); 10 a.m. (Sunday)
Investors Group Field: Gates 1:30 p.m. (Saturday); 12:30 p.m. (Sunday)
Game Time: 3 p.m. (Saturday); 2 p.m. (Sunday)
* Fans with tickets to the 2016 NHL Heritage Classic™ Alumni Game and/or the 2016 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic™ are invited to join the Natonal Hockey League® and its corporate partners at Spectator Plaza, the official NHL® Pre-game Fan Festival. Spectator Plaza will offer hockey fans of all ages family friendly interactive games and attractions, LIVE music, radio and TV broadcasts as well as dozens of other dynamic activities. Please note that a game ticket is required to gain entry into Spectator Plaza on both event days which will be located in the University of Manitoba student parking lot across the street from Gates 1 and 2 of Investors Group Field.
* Fans are required to adhere to the NHL Fan Code of Conduct. Violation of the Fan Code of Conduct may result in eviction from the venue without a ticket refund.
* Fans are encouraged to join the conversation on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram by tagging your photos using @NHL #HeritageClassic
Parking & Public Transportation
* Pre-purchase parking for 2016 Tim Horton's NHL Heritage Classic and Alumni Game are currently on-sale and available on-line at http://www.bluebombers.com/heritage-classic/ or at www.ticketmaster.ca
* Fans are reminded to pay attention to their lot location and the best route to get to their assigned lot. Gold Passes and Value Lot should use University Crescent at Pembina Highway and Blue Passes should use Chancellor Matheson Road at Pembina Highway.
* Those who do not have pre-sold parking can purchase parking at lot entry points at a cost of $25 per game. Value Lot parking (Black Pass) is also available at a cost of $10 per game. All day of game parking is subject to availability.
* Parking lots at Investors Group Field will be open at 10:45 a.m. on Saturday, Oct. 22 and 9:30 a.m. on Sunday, Oct. 23.
* Winnipeg Transit has several routes that will operate to and from Investors Group Field, at the University of Manitoba, before and after each game. Winnipeg Transit reminds all passengers to check their bus schedules before leaving for the game. Bus routes to Investors Group Field will begin routes three hours in advance of game times on October 22 and 23. For more information please visit http://winnipegtransit.com and click on Bomber Fan Fare.