James Neal is now the answer to a trivia question.
That question, of course, would be: "Who scored the first goal in Vegas Golden Knights history?"
Video: VGK@DAL: Neal notches Golden Knights' first goal
Amazingly, the forward also scored the second goal in franchise history, a stunning, highlight-reel play that powered the Golden Knights to a 2-1 win over the Dallas Stars for the first win in franchise history.
Here are five things you need to know about James "The Real Deal" Neal:
1. He was drafted by the team he scored the historic goal against: Neal was selected by the Stars in the second round (No. 33) of the 2005 NHL Draft. He went on to set the Dallas rookie record for goals in a season with 24 in 2008-09 (not including their time as the North Stars).
2. He trained with Gary Roberts: The NHL veteran and member of the 1989 Stanley Cup Champion Calgary Flames, whose training regimen has become the thing of legends and internet memes, worked closely with Neal as they are both from Whitby, Ontario.
3. Hockey runs in the family: Neal's brother, Michael, was also selected by the Stars in the 5th round (No. 149) of the 2007 NHL Draft. He is currently a forward for the Indy Fuel of the ECHL.
4. He is used to lightning the lamp: Neal has had a 40-goal season (2011-12) and a 30-goal season (2015-16), and never scored fewer than 21 goals in any of his nine seasons. In 22 playoff games with the Nashville Predators last season, he scored six goals, two of them game-winners.
Video: VGK@DAL: Neal nets his second goal of the game
5. His two goals put him in exclusive company: Neal became the seventh player to score multiple goals for an expansion franchise in the team's first game.