VEGAS (January 4, 2019) - Vegas Golden Knights General Manager George McPhee announced today, January 4, the following roster transaction: the team has assigned forward Brandon Pirri to the American Hockey League's Chicago Wolves.
Executive Vice President and Assistant General Manager Kelly McCrimmon will be available to discuss the assignment at 5 p.m. PT at the Honda Center in Anaheim, California, prior to the Golden Knights game against the Anaheim Ducks.
Pirri recorded nine points (6 G, 3 A) in seven games with the Golden Knights after being recalled on December 19, including a multi-goal performance against Montreal (December 22) and multi-point performances against Arizona (December 30) and Los Angeles (January 1). Prior to coming to Vegas, the Toronto, Ontario native led the AHL with 41 points (17 G, 24 A) to go with 18 penalty minutes in 28 games for Chicago this season. He scored a goal in four straight games and recorded a point in each of his last nine contests, five of which have been multi-point games with the Wolves. Last season with the Golden Knights, Pirri appeared in two games and recorded three goals. He has played parts of eight seasons with five NHL teams, totaling 235 games, and has 110 career points (66 G, 44 A). Pirri originally signed with the Golden Knights on October 4, 2017 and resigned with the team on July 1, 2018.
Brandon Pirri , Forward
Birthplace: Toronto, Ontario
Weight: 186 lbs.
Draft: Selected by the Chicago Blackhawks in the second round (59th overall) of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft
- Has recorded nine points (6 G, 3 A) in seven games with the Golden Knights during the 2018-19 season
- Led the American Hockey League with 41 points (17 G, 24 A) at the time of being recalled during the 2018-19 season
- Appeared in two games with Vegas Golden Knights during the 2017-18 season, collecting three points (3 G)
- Finished 2017-18 season with the AHL's Chicago Wolves tallying 52 points (29 G, 23 A) in 57 games played
- Made NHL debut on Oct, 9, 2010 after signing an entry level contract with the Chicago Blackhawks
ABOUT THE VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS
The Vegas Golden Knights are a National Hockey League franchise owned and operated by Black Knight Sports and Entertainment LLC. The Vegas Golden Knights were established by founding partners William Foley and his family and the Maloof family. For the latest news and information on the Golden Knights visit vegasgoldenknights.com. Fans can follow the team on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.