VEGAS (February 14, 2020) - Vegas Golden Knights General Manager Kelly McCrimmon announced today, February 14, the following roster transactions: the team has recalled forwards Cody Glass and Nicolas Roy from the American Hockey League's Chicago Wolves.
Glass has appeared in 37 games for the Golden Knights this season and has recorded 12 points (5 G, 7 A) to go with six penalty minutes. He scored his first NHL goal in his debut with the team in the season opener against San Jose on October 2. This season with the Wolves, he has recorded two points (1 G, 1 A) in one game. The Winnipeg, Manitoba native joined Chicago last season after finishing his career with the Western Hockey League's Portland Winterhawks and appeared in six regular-season games for the Wolves, posting five points (3 G, 2 A) to go with two penalty minutes. He helped lead the team to the Calder Cup Final and recorded 15 points (7 G, 8 A) and six penalty minutes in 22 playoff games. Glass was the first player drafted in the organization's history after being selected sixth overall in the 2017 NHL Entry Draft.
Roy made his Golden Knights debut against Anaheim on October 27 and scored the first goal of his NHL career. He has appeared in 19 games with Vegas this season and has tallied six points (3 G, 3 A) to go with eight penalty minutes. This season with the Wolves, he has appeared in 27 games and has recorded 22 points (7 G, 15 A) to go with 10 penalty minutes. Last season with the AHL's Charlotte Checkers, Roy finished with 36 points (17 G, 19 A) to go with 28 penalty minutes in 69 games and ranked third on the team with five game-winning goals. He also appeared in 19 Calder Cup playoff games for the Checkers and helped lead the team to a Calder Cup championship. The native of Amos, Quebec was acquired by the Golden Knights along with a conditional fifth round draft pick in the 2021 NHL Entry Draft from Carolina in exchange for forward Erik Haula.
Cody Glass, Forward
Hometown: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Weight: 192 lbs.
- Has recorded 12 points (5 G, 7 A) to go with six penalty minutes in 37 games this season with the Golden Knights
- Scored first goal in NHL debut against San Jose on October 2, 2019
- Helped lead Chicago to the Calder Cup Final during the 2019 Calder Cup Playoffs and finished with 15 points (7 G, 8 A) to go with six penalty minutes in 22 games
- Appeared in six games for the Wolves during the 2018-19 season and finished with five points (3 G, 2 A) to go with two penalty minutes
- Was the first player drafted in Golden Knights history after being selected sixth overall in the 2017 NHL Entry Draft
Nicolas Roy , Forward
Birthplace: Amos, Quebec
Weight: 200 lbs.
Draft: Selected by Carolina Hurricanes in the fourth round (96th overall) in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft
- Has recorded six points (3 G, 3 A) to go with eight penalty minutes in 19 games with Golden Knights this season
- Made Golden Knights debut against Anaheim (Oct. 27) and scored his first career NHL goal
- Has appeared in 27 games for the Chicago Wolves this season and has recorded 22 points (7 G, 15 A) to go with 10 penalty minutes
- Finished the 2018-19 season with the Charlotte Checkers of the American Hockey League with 36 points (17 G, 19 A) to go with 28 penalty minutes in 69 games
- Appeared in six games with the Carolina Hurricanes during the 2018-19 season
- Helped lead the Checkers to a Calder Cup championship in 2019, finishing with 15 points (6 G, 9 A) to go with 14 penalty minutes in 19 games, which tied for third on the team in scoring
- Led the Checkers in the 2019 Calder Cup Playoffs in short-handed goals with two
ABOUT THE VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS
The Vegas Golden Knights are a National Hockey League franchise owned and operated by Black Knight Sports and Entertainment LLC. The Vegas Golden Knights were established by founding partners William Foley and his family and the Maloof family. For the latest news and information on the Golden Knights visit vegasgoldenknights.com. Fans can follow the team on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.