CANUCKS AT KINGS PREVIEW:
The Vancouver Canucks face off against the Los Angeles Kings for the first of four meetings this season.
The Canucks visit Los Angeles again in the series finale on Mar. 12. The two teams meet at Rogers Arena on Dec. 30 and Jan. 23.
Vancouver is 5-3-2 in their last 10 games against Los Angeles.
Tonight's game is the final game of a 4-game road trip (1-2-0 record to date). The Canucks open a 2-game home stand following tonight's game that sees visits from Vegas (Nov. 16) and St. Louis (Nov. 18).
VS KINGS NOTES:
• Alex Edler has recorded 18 points (4-14-18) in 34 career games versus the Kings.
• Louis Eriksson has collected 27 points (11-16-27) in 45 games versus Los Angeles.
• Markus Granlund made his NHL debut on Feb. 24/14 vs LA.
• Jake Virtanen made his NHL debut on Oct. 13/15 at LA.
• Erik Gudbranson collected his first NHL assist/point on Dec. 1 at LA.
• Jacob Markstrom is 0-2-2 along with a .906 save percentage and 3.16 GAA in 4 career games versus the Kings.
• Anders Nilsson has faced the Kings once in his career and made 17 saves on 19 shots faced in that game.
• Daniel Sedin has registered 44 points (17-27-44) in 62 career games versus LA.
• Henrik Sedin has collected 45 points (10-35-45) in 65 career games versus the Kings.
LAST GAME: NOV. 11/17: VAN 0 at SJS 5
Jacob Markstrom made 26 saves...Loui Eriksson returned after missing 12 games due to injury and recorded 5 shots in 18:16 of ice time...Alex Edler had 5 shots and a season-high 8 hits and 4 blocked shots...The Canucks tied a season-high 41 shots on net and outshot San Jose 14-6 in the second period...Vancouver lost his 6th straight game versus San Jose.
QUICK HITS (Through Nov. 12):
• Brock Boeser ranks tied for 6th in rookie goals (5) and tied for 2nd in rookie points (14). He also shares the rookie lead in points per game (1.00).
• Bo Horvat ranks 8th in the League in faceoff wins (197). Brandon Sutter ranks 21st with 157.
• Michael Del Zotto leads the team and ranks tied for 25th in the League in blocked shots with 34. He also leads the team and ranks 22nd in the League with 24:04 TOI/game.
• Derek Dorsett leads the team in goals (7), ranks second in hits (33) and is tied for fourth in points (9). He ranks 7th in the League for best shooting percentage (29.2%; min. 10 games played) and also leads the NHL in penalty minutes (67).
• The Canucks rank 9th in faceoff win percentage at 51.5%.
• Vancouver is 6th for fewest goals against per game at 2.65.
• Vancouver is one of 12 teams that have collected 10 or more points on the road thus far.
• According to Elias Sports Bureau, with his second shutout in his third game of the season, Anders Nilsson became the latest goalie to record two shutouts over his first three games with a team since Michael Neuvirth recorded shutouts in his second and third appearances with the Flyers on Oct.12-14/15.
• With his third career shutout on Oct. 17 at OTT, Anders Nilsson became the third Canucks goaltender to post a shutout in his Canucks debut (joining Mike Fountain (1993) and Johan Hedberg (2003)). He also became the first Canucks goaltender to earn a shutout at Ottawa since Kay Whitmore on Apr. 4/93.
• With his 3 point performance on Oct. 20 at BUF, Derek Dorsett tied a career-high for both goals (2) and points (3) in a game. His first goal shorthanded was the 4th such goal of his career.
• On Nov. 4/17, at the age of 20 years, 252 days old, Brock Boeser became the third youngest player in franchise history to notch a hat trick. Achieving the feat in his 19th career game, he also became the third quickest Canuck to record a hat trick (courtesy of Elias Sports Bureau).
THE GOING RATE:
• Brock Boeser has 14 points (5-9-14) over 14 games played; he has 5 points (3-2-5) over the past 5 games.
• Derek Dorsett has 7 goals over the past 14 games. This included a 3-goal scoring streak, the longest goal scoring streak of his career, from Oct. 19-22.
• Bo Horvat has 10 points (3-7-10) over the past 10 games; he has 6 points (2-4-6) over the past 5 games.
• Sven Baertschi has 9 points (5-4-9) over the past 10 games; he has 4 points (1-3-4) over the past 5 games.
• Thomas Vanek has 5 points (2-3-5) over the past 8 games.
• Daniel Sedin has 3 points (1-2-3) over the past 4 games.
• Through 6 games in the month of November, the line of Brock Boeser, Bo Horvat and Sven Baertschi have combined for 15 points highlighted by a combined 11-points on Nov. 4 vs PIT.