- All campers receive an official Red Wings Youth Hockey Camp jersey
- Camp is instructed by four-time Stanley Cup champion Kirk Maltby & Red Wings coaches
- 1 hour and 15 minutes of on-ice training and 35 minutes of dryland training provided each day
- A few select Red Wings players will make special appearances. Player appearances will be determined at a later date and are subject to change, depending on availability
- All campers will receive a certificate of participation
- After registration has opened and payment has been submitted, we will email a confirmation to the email address given on the registration form.
- If you are put on a waitlist, we will contact you if a spot becomes available. If not, you will be placed on the waitlist for next year's camp.
- Participant player packets, including daily schedule, what to bring, what to expect and more, will be emailed out at least one month prior to camp.
Players must possess basic hockey skills like skating and stick handling. Camp instructors will give age-specific training, and focus on developing the skills of beginning-level players, while improving those of intermediate and advanced-level players.
For a good player/counselor/coach relationship to be formed, we are not allowing parents in the player locker room or bench area. We will have a number of coaches and counselors that will help players get dressed and keep them in their groups at all times.
Full hockey equipment is required. All campers are required to bring their own equipment and off-ice workout gear (T-shirt, shorts and tennis shoes). No equipment of any kind will be provided to campers during camp. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Full required equipment includes:
- Helmet with cage
- Hockey skates, stick, gloves, pants and socks
- Shin, elbow and shoulder pads
- Neck and mouth guards (optional)
The first session will be geared toward individual skills, such as power skating, edgework, agility, puck-handling and shooting. The second session will focus on more station work, as well as team skills, 1-on-1 and 2-on-2 drills and scrimmages. The third day will focus on putting together everything you've learned, plus games and scrimmages!
Besides the on-ice sessions, campers will enjoy:
- Off-ice training from expert coaches who will take the campers through various training routines each day. Each session will be designed to fit the appropriate age and skill level. Campers will learn hockey-specific exercises that will help them improve their skills when they step on the ice.
- Goalies will be taken aside to receive 1-on-1 coaching by our certified goalie coaches.
- Snack session will be structured and supervised daily.
- Red Wings Trivia/Games: A 30-minute activity session will be offered the first two days for campers to win prizes. The third day will be the certificate presentation with one parent/guardian invited to join!