COVID-19 Program Updates and Precautions
As a result of COVID-19 the Florida Panthers have begun taking extra precautions to ensure the safest environment for our participants, families and coaches.
Off Ice Precautions:
- Participants are asked to arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to the start of all on-ice sessions.
- Participants are required to arrive partially dressed to reduce time and traffic in small locker room areas.
- All attendees above the age of 2 are required to wear masks while inside the facility (masks are not required on the ice for participants).
- New sessions have had their participation limits reduced by 30% which allows for increased social distancing during all on-ice sessions.
- All coaches on the ice are required to wear masks.
About the Program and Participating Locations & Times
The Florida Panthers in conjunction with the NHL, NHLPA and USA Hockey will be hosting "Florida Panthers Learn To Play" for boys and girls ages 5-9. All registrants must be first time ice hockey participants and have never been registered with USA hockey. The program was developed in an effort to reduce cost barriers to ice hockey participation by providing free equipment. The Learn To Play program primary goal is to create the next generation of hockey players and fans who will remain engaged with the game throughout the rest of their lives.
Every participant will receive 6 weeks of on-ice training with Florida Panthers Alumni and USA Hockey Certified Coaches. Each participant will also be custom fitted for a full set of hockey equipment that they will use during the program and keep at the conclusion of the 6 weeks.
The Florida Panthers Learn To Play curriculum is designed in conjunction with USA Hockey's "Gold Standard" which utilizes an age appropriate Long Term Athlete Development structure known as the American Development Model. This model ensures that the program structure is both fun AND effective.
*No minimum experience is required to participate in the program. For any questions, please email Leanne Judy at JudyL@floridapanthers.com or Matt Janusz at JanuszM@floridapanthers.com