The Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation is pleased to offer its support through financial grants and gift-in-kind donations to registered charitable organizations (as defined by the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency with a BN# that ends in RR0001) in Northern and Central Alberta, whose programs support health and wellness, education and minor hockey programming for youth.
Applications for financial grants fall under one of three categories and are reviewed by the Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation's Board of Directors.
- Spring Funding: Requests in excess of $5,000 must be submitted by April 1. These grants are distributed by June 30.
- Christmas Funding: Requests up to $5,000 must be submitted by November 1. These grants are distributed by December 31.
- Legacy Funding: Applications for Legacy Funding are accepted on a continuous basis and include transformational, sustainable and often multi-year projects that will make a significant contribution to the community.
Proposals for funding requests must be received by mail and should, at minimum, include:
- Complete contact information and registered charitable number
- Outline of organization's mission and mandate
- Detailed project description including timeline
- Measurable outcomes including how many people will benefit and the potential impact on the community
- Exact funding amount requested and detailed budget for the project
- Recognition opportunities for the EOCF
Requests should be mailed to:
Edmonton Oilers Community Foundation
300, 10214 104 Ave NW Edmonton, AB T5J 0H6
The following areas/groups are precluded from support by the EOCF:
- Minor sport associations and teams
- Organizations not located in Northern or Central Alberta
- Sponsorship of events
- Prizing or giveaways
- Religious or fraternal organizations
- Political causes or candidates
- Endowment funds
- Third party fundraising - defined as an event put on by one community group or organization for the benefit of another group or charitable organization
- Capital Campaigns
- Capital Projects (such as Playgrounds)
How will I know if my request has been accepted?
Organizations will be contacted by telephone if their requests is approved and by mail if it is not. Please do not call to follow up on your requests as we are unable to provide status updates.