NEW YORK - The National Hockey League (NHL) announced today that it has launched an NHL® skill for Amazon Alexa. The new skill will be available on Alexa-enabled devices in the U.S. and Canada, including the Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Show and Echo Spot, among others, to deliver news, schedules, scores, stats, standings, tune-in information, player profiles and puck drop reminders for each of the NHL's 31 clubs.
The Official NHL skill experience is customizable for each Alexa-enabled device. Once the NHL skill is enabled, fans can create personalized, hands-free, voice-controlled experiences with their Alexa-enabled devices by selecting their favorite team. Alexa-enabled devices with screens like the Echo Show and Echo Spot will offer crisp and bright visuals featuring team logos, broadcast information and player imagery. The NHL is the first major North American professional sports league to offer detailed player profiles for Alexa-enabled devices with screens.
"We know NHL fans across North America enjoy using technology to keep up with the latest from around the League," said Stephen McArdle, NHL Executive Vice President of Digital Media & Strategic Planning. "We always look for ways to engage with our fans in the most convenient way possible for them. The NHL skill on Amazon Alexa provides a fan-friendly experience providing helpful updates and information in real time."
For the latest news and game recaps and previews around the League, fans can request the NHL Flash Briefing. Updated daily during the season, seven days a week and delivered by a roster of NHL Network hosts, fans can enable the NHL Flash Briefing via the Alexa app, on Amazon.com or by simply asking an Alexa-enabled device.
Once the skill is enabled, for schedules, scores, broadcast information, player information, stats and standings, fans can simply say "Alexa, ask NHL" followed by the request. Below are commands currently available to fans when they use the "Alexa, ask NHL" prompt:
• What are the upcoming games for the [team name]?
• When does [team name] play next?
• What is the NHL schedule for tonight?
Scores (live or final game)
• Are the [team name] winning?
• What period is it in the [team name] game?
• What is the current score of the [team name] game?
• How much time is left in the [team name] game?
• Is there a recap of the [team name] game?
• Is there a preview of the [team name] game tonight?
• How can I watch the [team name] game?
• What network does the [team name] play on?
• What channel is the [team name] game on?
• How many goals does [current player] have?
• How many shutouts does [current player] have?
• What are [current player] stats?
• When was [current player] drafted?
• What is [current player] number?
• Where was [current player] born?
• What are the Conference Standings?
• What is [team name] record at home?
• What team is leading the Pacific Division?
For more information on the NHL skill for Alexa, fans should visit its detail page on the Alexa Skills Store.