The Ice Crew is a group of skilled ice skaters who supports the Honda Center Operations and Anaheim Ducks Entertainment Department at all Ducks home games. The Ice Crew's primary responsibility includes clearing the ice surface of debris during media time-outs and assisting with on-ice promotions. Team members must be outgoing, athletic and experienced skaters who are knowledgeable about hockey, interested in ice maintenance and comfortable in front of large crowds in a professional NHL environment.
- Sprint skating around rink to collect remnant snow from the ice surface a minimum of nine times per game while wearing ice skates
- Safely escorting fans and invited talent on and off the ice within the strict NHL timing requirements, and if needed providing support for set up of on-ice entertainment during game breaks
- Assist with in-game video features shoots as needed
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Advanced ice-skating skills
- Physically fit - able to stand for long periods of time, sprint skating the length of the NHL ice surface (200 by 85 feet) while handling heavy equipment and lifting to 30 lbs.
- Comfortable in front of large crowds
- The ability to multi-task and problem-solve in a fast-paced work environment
- Flexible schedule - available to work nights, weekends and holidays as required
- Ability to follow instructions
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to excel in team atmosphere
- Professional image consistent with company values
- Passionate about the Anaheim Ducks and the sport of hockey
- Comfortable on camera
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply to become a part of the Ice Crew?
CLICK HERE FOR APPLICATION
Must audition on July 31st at Great Park Ice in Irvine
What is the difference between the Ice Crew and the Power Players?
The Ice Crew is a team of skilled ice skaters who clean the ice surface during media time-outs during Ducks home games and assist with on-ice promotions during Ducks home games.
The Power Players are a high-energy team that assist the Ducks in-game entertainment presentation during home games and promote the Ducks at community events.
What can I expect at auditions?
- Ice Auditions are Saturday, July 31 at 9 a.m. at Great Park Ice in Irvine
- Bring your skates (hockey skates preferred)
- Bring a headshot, if you have one
- Skating auditions will take place at Rink 4 of Great Park Ice
- Interview with judges
- Each candidate will participate in ice skating drills noting overall skating ability.
What should I wear to auditions?
Black workout or warm-up style pants and a white or black shirt with a black jacket
Dates to keep open
- August 4-9 for formal interviews
- **August and September will be busy with orientation and training**
- **Flexible schedule is a plus**