Tonight's game is presented by TD, together we are proud to support Pride because Hockey Is for Everyone.
The world of hockey has players, coaches and fans from all walks of life. But sadly, not everyone always feels welcome in the game. Through various partnerships we hope to help break down the barriers felt by many players and fans. Because when Canadians come together to share the ice and our love for hockey, we all become stronger. For every message of inclusion shared at canucks.com/tdpridepucks, $1 will be donated to QMUNITY.
- Tonight marks the sixth of nine meetings between Winnipeg and Vancouver this season: Jan. 30 (4-1 W), Feb. 19 (2-0 L), Feb. 21 (4-3 OTL), Mar. 1 (4- 0 W), Mar. 2 (5-2 L), Mar. 22 (home), Mar. 24 (home), Apr. 4 (road), Apr. 6 (road). Vancouver is 2-7-1 in their last 10 games vs Winnipeg (2-2-1 in their last 5).
- The Canucks have a 15-19-1-2 all-time record in 37 contests vs the Jets/Thrashers franchise.
- Vancouver holds a 8-7-1-1 record at home vs the Jets.
- Elias Pettersson (4-2-6) and Brock Boeser (2-4-6) lead the Canucks in scoring in the 2020.21 season series vs Winnipeg.
PROVINCE PRE-GAME UPDATE
Video: PREGAME | Green vs. Jets
Video: PREGAME | Boeser vs. Jets
- Brock Boeser has 10 points (4-6-10) in his last 11 games.
- Bo Horvat has 10 points (5-5-10) in his last 9 games.
- Nils Höglander has 6 points (3-3-6) in his last 11 games.
- Quinn Hughes has 7 points (0-7-7) in his last 10 games.
- J.T. Miller has 10 points (5-5-10) in his last 11 games.
- Nate Schmidt has 6 points (1-5-6) in his last 11 games.
- Thatcher Demko (8-1-0) has posted a 1.74 GAA and .950 SV% over his last 9 starts.
- Jay Beagle - 5 games
- Tanner Pearson - 2 games
- Elias Pettersson - 9 games
- Justin Bailey - 18 games
- Micheal Ferland - 35 games
LAST MEETING - MAR. 2/21: VAN 2 at WPG 5
Elias Pettersson became the second Canuck to reach 10 goals in 2021 when he knotted the game 1-1 at 8:34 in the first period...Brock Boeser recorded the lone assist on the goal...J.T. Miller cut Vancouver's deficit to one goal at 19:55 in the second period, on the power play...Quinn Hughes and Brock Boeser recorded the assists on the play...J.T. Miller fired a team-high 6 shots on goal...Zack MacEwen and Alex Edler each registered 3 hits...Alex Edler blocked a team-high 4 shots...Braden Holtby faced 38 shots.
LAST GAME PLAYED - MAR. 21/21: VAN 4 at MTL (SO)
Jake Virtanen tied the game with a goal at 0:22 in the second period, assisted by J.T. Miller...Brock Boeser put Vancouver in front with a power play marker at 8:08 in the second period...Quinn Hughes and Bo Horvat drew the assists, with Horvat's being the 300th point of his career...Bo Horvat tied the game with his 14th goal of the season at 0:22 in the third period...Tyler Motte scored just 33 seconds later to give Vancouver a one-goal lead...Brock Boeser scored Vancouver's lone shootout goal in the eventual losing effort...Brock Boeser had a team-high 3 shots...Alex Edler led the Canucks in blocked shots (4)...Braden Holtby faced 40 shots
Video: VAN Recap: Horvat had a goal and an assist in SO loss
- Brogan Rafferty recalled from Manitoba and reassigned to taxi squad, Mar. 21/21
- Jay Beagle placed on injured reserve, Mar. 19/21
- Tanner Pearson placed on injured reserve, Mar. 19/21
- Marc Michaelis recalled from taxi squad, Mar. 19/21
- Jimmy Vesey claimed off waivers from Toronto, Mar. 17/21
A MATTER OF SECONDS
Jake Virtanen's game-tying goal 22 seconds into the second period on Mar. 20/21 at Montreal was Vancouver's fastest goal to start a period (excluding overtime) since Sven Baertschi scored 20 seconds into the third period on Oct. 22/18 vs Washington. Bo Horvat quickly matched Virtanen's mark, scoring 22 seconds into the third period before Tyler Motte added another opening-minute marker 55 seconds into the third period, marking the first time in franchise history Vancouver has scored three opening-minute goals in one game. Horvat and Motte also combined for the third-fastest two goals to start a period in Canucks history.
Reaching overtime for the fourth straight game on Mar. 20/21, the Canucks marked the sixth time in franchise history that the team has required overtime in four or more consecutive games. The last time Vancouver played in four straight regular season overtime contests was the 2017.18 season (Mar. 31 to Apr. 7).
THE CAPTAIN'S MILESTONES
Registering an assist on Brock Boeser's power play on Mar. 20/21, Bo Horvat reached 300 career points (133-167-300), becoming the 26th player and ninth centre in franchise history to record 300 points in a Canucks uniform. His game-tying goal in the third period also vaulted him into seventh place in franchise history for goals by a centre (134) behind Trevor Linden (318), Henrik Sedin (240), Thomas Gradin (197), Don Lever (186), Ryan Kesler (182), and Brendan Morrison (136).