The Blue Jackets continue their evaluation process tonight in exhibition game No. 4, hosting the Nashville Predators at Nationwide Arena.
Young players on the bubble and also training camp tryouts will get opportunities with established players, and the goaltending battle continues to percolate as the club looks to solidify the position behind Sergei Bobrovsky.
Here are some storylines to watch for tonight:
- Zach Werenski makes his preseason debut tonight and will be paired with Jack Johnson, a fellow Michigan Wolverine. In addition, Werenski quarterbacked the power play in a 1D-4F alignment during the morning skate, so that's something we could see tonight.
- Joonas Korpisalo is the starting goaltender, and he'll be backed up by Curtis McElhinney, who will play at some point tonight (per Tom Reed of The Dispatch). McElhinney made 29 saves on Monday night in Boston, and Korpisalo's lone start was a loss in St. Louis.
- Pierre-Luc Dubois played center on Sunday night against St. Louis, and he's right back in the middle tonight - and with the same line mates, no less. The 18-year-old and No. 3 overall pick this June will be flanked by Boone Jenner and captain Nick Foligno.
- Markus Nutivaara is getting a long look in this camp and it extends into tonight. This is already his third preseason game after playing in St. Louis and Boston earlier this week; he's shown an impressive skill set of smarts, skating and poise in an audition that began two weeks ago in Traverse City and continues into the NHL preseason.
- As a reminder: you can watch tonight's game on BlueJackets.com (TV market only, desktop) or listen on 1460 ESPN and the CBJ App.