University of Phoenix® 2016-2017 Top Shelf Teachers Official Rules
(1) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE A PERSON'S ODDS OF WINNING WITH AN ENTRY. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY / RELEASE OF LIABILITY / PRIZE ACCEPTANCE AGREEMENT MAY BE REQUIRED.
(2) Eligibility. Fans can nominate teachers currently teaching kindergarten through 12th grade students at a public, private, or charter school. Nominated teachers must be legal residents of the states of Illinois, Indiana or Wisconsin who reside or work within 75 miles of the United Center on the date of entry to be eligible for The University of Phoenix Top Shelf Teachers Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes"). Nominators must be individuals (i.e. not a company, foundation or other organization), over 18 years of age, and legal residents of Illinois, Indiana or Wisconsin. Employees, officers, directors, partners, equity holders, members and agents, and their respective immediate family members (spouse, parents, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren) and members of their same households (whether legally related or not) of the Sponsors (defined below), the National Hockey League (the "NHL") and its member teams, NHL Enterprises, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and affiliates are not eligible to nominate or be nominated. The decisions of the Sponsors, including eligibility of participants and selection of the winners, are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these "Official Rules."
(3) Method of Entry. The Sweepstakes begins at 9:00 a.m. Central Time ("CT") on November 2, 2016, and ends at 5:00 p.m. CT on February 14, 2017. To nominate your "Top Shelf" teacher, go to chicagoblackhawks.com and complete the nomination form to include: nominator's name, phone number and email address, nominated teacher's name, school name, grade of teaching, school's phone number and details of why your nominated teacher is "Top Shelf" (one who is a hardworking educator). Alternatively, on a plain piece of paper, hand print your complete name, phone number and email address, nominated teacher's name, school name, grade of teaching, school's phone number and details of why your nominated teacher is "Top Shelf." No mechanically reproduced entries accepted. Mail entry in a hand-addressed, business-size (#10) envelope with first-class postage affixed, to: Chicago Blackhawks c/o Top Shelf Sweepstakes, 1901 W. Madison St., Chicago, IL 60612. Limit one (1) nomination per stamped envelope. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by February 14, 2017 and received by February 18, 2017. Online entries must be received by 5:00 p.m. CT, February 14, 2017. Fans can submit more than one nomination. Those who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information in their entry form, or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsors may be disqualified. Chicago Blackhawk Hockey Team, Inc. ("Chicago Blackhawks") will randomly select the winning teacher from the pool of eligible nominees at various times during the Chicago Blackhawks 2016-2017 regular season from all eligible nominations received by the Sponsors prior to the selection. Winners need not be present at drawing to win. Winners will be notified by telephone by the Sponsors. In the event a winner does not respond to any such notification within three (3) days of the date of notification or declines the prize, a disqualification will result and an alternate winner shall be chosen from among all remaining eligible nominations. Eligible nominations which are not selected as winners will be automatically reentered in subsequent drawings.
(4) Prizes. Twenty-one (21) winning teacher will be randomly selected. Each winning teacher will receive two (2) 300 level tickets to one (1) Chicago Blackhawks regular-season home game for use by the winning teacher and one (1) guest, one (1) Chicago Blackhawks replica jersey and one (1) $100 gift card to donorschoose.org (Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of $620.00). One (1) nominator of each winning teacher will receive two (2) 300 level tickets to the Chicago Blackhawks regular-season home game where their nominated winner is recognized at the game (Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of $194.00). In the event more than one person nominated the winning teacher, Chicago Blackhawks will randomly select one nominator to receive the nominator prize. The date of the game and the location of the seats shall be determined by Chicago Blackhawks in its sole discretion. All prizes are non-transferable and non-assignable to any other person, including relatives or friends, without written consent of the Sponsors. In the event a prize is unavailable, Sponsors reserve the right to substitute prizes of comparable or greater value. All prizes are awarded "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). All winners are solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes and any and all costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of any of the prizes not specified herein, including but not limited to parking, transportation to and from the United Center, food, beverages and souvenirs. Sponsors are not responsible if game is delayed, postponed or cancelled for reason of act of God, terrorism, war, natural disaster, lockout, work stoppage, strike or any other reasons beyond their control. Unclaimed prizes will be forfeited. The prizes are not redeemable for cash, except in Sponsors' sole discretion.
(5) Odds of Winning. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
(6) Winners' List. A list of winners can be obtained after May 1, 2017 by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope and writing to: Chicago Blackhawks, University of Phoenix® Top Shelf Teachers Sweepstakes,1901 West Madison Street, Chicago, IL 60612. Requests for a list of winners must be received by June 1, 2017.
(7) Consent/Indemnification. By submitting an entry, each nominator, and by accepting a prize, each winning teacher, agrees to follow these Official Rules and hold harmless and indemnify the Sponsors, the NHL and its member teams, NHL Enterprises, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, partners, equity holders, members, employees, agents and representatives and all others associated with the manufacture, distribution, development and execution of this Sweepstakes and prizes (the "Released Parties") against any and all liability, injury, damage, loss or causes of action (however named or described) that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from: (i) participation in the Sweepstakes; (ii) the delivery, misdelivery, receipt, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prizes awarded in the Sweepstakes; (iii) the use of a winner's name, photograph and/or likeness as permitted herein, including, without limitation, claims based on publicity rights, defamation and/or invasion of privacy ; and/or (iv) any travel or activity related to the receipt, use or misuse of the prizes, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death and/or property damage. Each winner shall be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility/release of liability/prize acceptance ("Affidavit") form prior to receiving a prize. If any winner fails or refuses to sign and return such Affidavit within the time period required by Sponsors or if the prize or prize notification is returned as rejected, faulty, unclaimed or returned as undeliverable to such winner, such winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. Non-compliance shall result in disqualification and award of the prize to an alternate winner. If any winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules, or if a winner cannot attend or participate in any portion of the prize, or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. The Sponsors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, damaged, intercepted, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the winners. In consideration for being awarded a prize, each winner hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the use of the winner's name, photograph, biographical information and/or likeness in any and all advertising, promotions and other publicity conducted by the Sponsors, the NHL and its member teams, NHL Enterprises, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents and representatives.
(9) Assumption of Risk. Each nominator and nominee assumes all liability and risk for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes or the receipt, use or misuse of any prize.
(10) Void Where Prohibited. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law.
University of Phoenix, Inc.
1625 W. Fountainhead Parkway
Phoenix, AZ 85282-2371
Chicago Blackhawk Hockey Team, Inc.
1901 W. Madison Street
Chicago, IL 60612
University of Phoenix, Inc., and its parent and subsidiaries are not administering this Sweepstakes.
(13) BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS' FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANTS' REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF.