Jewel Chicago Blackhawks "View from the Penalty Box" Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. HOW TO ENTER: The Jewel Chicago Blackhawks "View from the Penalty Box" Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") begins at 12:00 A.M. Central Time ("CT") on September 25th, 2017 and ends at 11:59 P.M. CT on March 31, 2018, (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Persons can enter the Sweepstakes in one of two ways.
TEXT MESSAGE ENTRY: During the Sweepstakes Period, text the keyword "Jewel" to BHAWKS (242957) from your 2-way text messaging capable wireless device. Once you send the text message, you will be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes and will receive a responsive text message. All text method entrants must have a 2-way text messaging capable handset in order to enter the Sweepstakes. Entrants are responsible for all standard text-messaging rates, fees and charges for text messages sent and received from their handset according to the terms and conditions of their wireless provider plan. Text messaging and wireless service are not available in all areas.
ONLINE ENTRY: During the Sweepstakes Period, complete an official entry form at www.chicagoblackhawks.com.
All required entry information must be completed in full. Limit one (1) entry per person. If entering by text message or online, you must be the authorized account holder of the mobile phone number or email account provided on the Sweepstakes entry.
2. ELIGIBILITY: You must be a legal U.S. resident of Illinois, Indiana or Wisconsin who is 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of New Albertson's, Inc. ("Jewel"), Chicago Blackhawk Hockey Team, Inc. ("Chicago Blackhawks", Chicago Blackhawks and Jewel collectively referred to as "Sponsors"), the National Hockey League or its Member Teams, and each of their parent, related, subsidiary or affiliated companies, representatives or agencies, and their immediate families or persons residing in the same household of such employees are not eligible to enter or win. The decisions of the Chicago Blackhawks, including eligibility of participants and selection of the winners, are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. PRIZE, ODDS OF WINNING PRIZE and APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE ("ARV"): Forty-one (41) winners will each receive: (a) a chance to sit on the penalty box bench with three guests prior to a Chicago Blackhawks regular season home game played at the United Center during warm-ups, (b) four (4) 100-level or 200-level game tickets to the game at which the winner and the winner's guests have the opportunity to sit on the penalty box bench, and (c) one parking pass. One of each winner's guests must be a child aged 6-15. The child's parent or legal guardian must consent in writing to the child's participation in the prize activity. Each winner's name and photo will appear on the scoreboard and each winner will receive a commemorative 8" x 10" Jewel branded photo of the winner and guests in the penalty box. Approximate retail value for each prize package is $1,500.00. All other costs associated with the prizes not specified or mentioned herein and all applicable federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Purchase will not increase your chances of winning. No prize substitution or cash equivalent of prize, except at Sponsors' sole discretion, and then only for a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are non-transferable and non-assignable to any other person, including relatives or friends, without consent of the Chicago Blackhawks. All prize details, including the date of the game and the location of the seats, not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by the Chicago Blackhawks in its sole discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change. In the event a prize is unavailable, the Chicago Blackhawks reserve the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value. Unless otherwise stated herein, all prizes are awarded "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Unclaimed prizes will be forfeited. One prize per person. The prizes are not redeemable for cash.
4. DRAWINGS: Forty-one random drawings will be conducted by the Chicago Blackhawks starting on or around October 1, 2017 with the final drawing taking place on or around April 2, 2018. One winner will be selected for each Chicago Blackhawks home game played at the United Center during the Sweepstakes Period. Entries which are not selected will be carried over for subsequent drawings. The winners will be notified by supplied contact information provided at time of entry. Limit one (1) prize per person and per household. Each winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Compliance and a Liability/Publicity Release, as allowed by state law, by the return date specified in the prize notification letter. Each winner's guest, and, if guest is a minor, guest's parent or legal guardian, will be required to sign a Liability and Publicity Release. If any required documents are not returned within the required number of days, or Sponsors are unable to contact the winner, Sponsors will have the right to select an alternate winner.
5. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY/RELEASE. By entering, each entrant agrees to follow these Official Rules and to release, hold harmless and indemnify Sponsors, the NHL and its member teams, NHL Enterprises, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, partners, equity holders, members, employees, agents and representatives and all others associated with the manufacture, distribution, development and execution of this Sweepstakes and prizes (the "Released Parties") from and against any and all liability, injury, damage, loss or causes of action (however named or described) that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from: (i) entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes; (ii) the delivery, misdelivery, receipt, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prizes awarded in the Sweepstakes; (iii) the use of a winner's name, photograph and/or likeness as permitted herein, including, without limitation, claims based on publicity rights, defamation and/or invasion of privacy; or (iv) any travel or activity related to the receipt, use or misuse of the prizes, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death and/or property damage. Released Parties are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner or any person claiming through such winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof or inability to continue the Sweepstakes, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, kidnapping, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute, lockout, work slowdown or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, vandalism, or any other cause beyond the Released Parties' sole control. Those who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information in their entry form, or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of the Chicago Blackhawks may be disqualified. The Chicago Blackhawks reserve the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual feared to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be found acting in violation of the Official Rules, or to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes.
Released Parties are not responsible for incomplete, undecipherable, lost, late, damaged, or misdirected entries, misdirected or faulty text or for any technical problems, incorrect announcements of any kind, and/or hardware or software failures of any kind. Incomplete entries are void. Released Parties are not responsible for any human or other error that may occur in the processing of the entries, nor are they responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of entries, or for technical, network, telephone, computer hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of, or failure to receive any entry information on account of technical problems or failures of any wireless or internet service providers, transmission interruptions or failures on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof, which may limit a person's ability to participate in this Sweepstakes or receive communication from Sponsors. Sponsors assume no responsibility for undeliverable text messages resulting from filtration of an entrant's Wireless or Internet service provider or for insufficient space to receive text or e-mail.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sweepstakes entries will be declared to be made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address or mobile phone number submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a mobile telephone number (MTN)/email address by a telephone company, wireless service provider, Internet access provider, Internet service provider or other organization (e.g. business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses, telephone numbers or wireless phone numbers for the telephone exchange associated with the submitted telephone number/email address or the domain associated with the submitted telephone, as applicable. Potential winners may be requested to provide Sponsors with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the MTN or contact phone number and/or email address associated with the winning entry. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud, use of robotic, automatic, programmed or like entry methods, or tampering is suspected, or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules or is found to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other cause beyond the control of Sponsors that corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and award all prizes claimed prior to cancellation or termination. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. INTERNET CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW. Sponsors' failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Once submitted, entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned. The winners, in accepting their Prizes, consent to the use of their names, addresses (city, state), photographs and likenesses for purposes of advertising, trade and promotion in any and all media on behalf of the Sponsor without further compensation, except where prohibited by law.
8. GOVERNING LAW & VENUE: The courts in Cook County, Illinois will have sole jurisdiction of any controversies regarding the Sweepstakes and the laws of the state of Illinois shall govern without regard to choice of law provisions. Each entrant waives any and all objections to jurisdiction and hereby irrevocably submits to the venue of those courts located within Cook County, Illinois.
9. WINNERS LIST: For a winners' list and/or a copy of the Official Rules, send a request to: Jewel Chicago Blackhawks Penalty Box Sweepstakes, c/o Chicago Blackhawks, 1901 West Madison Street, Chicago, IL 60612. Official Rules may also be viewed and printed at www.chicagoblackhawks.com. Requests for Winners List must be received after April 30, 2018 and before June 30, 2018.
10. SPONSORS: New Albertson's Inc., 250 Parkcenter Blvd., Boise, ID 83706
Chicago Blackhawk Hockey Team, Inc., 1901 W. Madison St., Chicago, Illinois, 60612.