Recognizing the difficult burden the COVID-19 pandemic put on the business community, CBF launched a small business grant recovery program, supported by United Airlines, to award one-time microgrants to minority-owned small businesses located in West Side neighborhoods for working capital purposes.
The Blackhawks are proud to announce the inaugural cohort of Support West grant recipients:
- Cocina Fusion is a full-service catering company based out of the Austin neighborhood that offers an expansive selection of delicious menus including Latin & American fusion, traditional Mexican and more for weddings, corporate, non-profit and other social events.
- Finding Justice: A Flower and Vegetable Garden is a farm-site that aims to provide the West Garfield Park and Austin neighborhoods with fresh produce at a fair price to give way to a better quality of life in an area with limited access to these goods.
- Millennial Enterprises is a small janitorial company based in the Near West Side that is working with the Chicago Housing Authority and developers to expand their scope to interior finishing and other post-renovation services.
- Onnie Music is an independent record label based out of North Lawndale that specializes in the genres of Jazz, Blues, and Gospel, delivering some of that old Chicago soul with every track. In addition, Onnie Music assists local artists with their video production needs as well as creates music workshops for academic purposes.
- Studio 27 Beauty Supply, Inc. is a beauty supply store located in the Near West Side that offers its customers an experience beyond the product, including on-site beauty services such as make-up application, brow shaping, and professional hair styling. The store also provides a summer program for local teens and helps other beauty entrepreneurs network through on-site events.
Please check back for more information on how to apply for next year's round of Support West grants that will be launching in the Fall of 2021!