Blackhawks Foundation Night Sweepstakes
(1) No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase a person's odds of winning with an entry. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
(2) The Blackhawks Foundation Night Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of fifty United States, who are 18 years of age or older on the date of entry; provided that the following persons are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes: (a) the employees, officers, directors, partners, equity holders, shareholders, members and agents of Chicago Blackhawk Hockey Team, Inc. ("Chicago Blackhawks") and the employees, officers, directors, partners, equity holders, shareholders, members, and agents of Chicago Blackhawks Foundation, its affiliates, subsidiaries, successors, and assigns ("Foundation"), and their respective immediate family members (spouse, parents, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren) and members of their same households (whether legally related or not), and (b) the employees, officers, directors, partners, equity holders, members and agents of the National Hockey League (the "NHL") and its member teams, NHL Enterprises, L.P., NHL Enterprises Canada, L.P., NHL Enterprises B.V., and/or NHL Interactive CyberEnterprises, LLC (the foregoing are collectively the "NHL Entities"), and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and affiliates, and their respective immediate family members (as defined herein) and members of their same households (whether legally related or not). The decisions of the Foundation, including but not limited to eligibility of participants and selection of the winners, are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these "Official Rules."
(3) Sweepstakes period: The Sweepstakes begins when the doors open for the Chicago Blackhawks game on January 12, 2019 (approximately 6:00 p.m. Central Time) and ends at the conclusion of the third period of the Chicago Blackhawks game on January 12, 2019 ("Sweepstakes Period"). The Foundation's computer is the official timekeeper of the Sweepstakes.
(4) HOW TO ENTER: There are two methods to enter the Sweepstakes. Individuals who text to donate to the Foundation during the Sweepstakes Period will be directed to a website where they may complete a Sweepstakes entry form. ALTERNATIVE METHOD OF ENTRY; NO DONATION REQUIRED: Individuals can enter online without making a donation by visiting the Foundation's website at chicagoblackhawks.com/foundationnight and completing an online entry form. Once submitted, all entries become the exclusive property of the Foundation, and will not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by the Foundation. The Foundation is not responsible for entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted, damaged, destroyed, forged, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules, and such entries will be discarded. No responsibility is assumed for technical, electronic, telephone, hardware, software, network computer or data transmission errors, malfunctions or difficulties of any kind. One entry per person per Entry Period (defined below) regardless of method of entry.
(5) ENTRY PERIODS, DRAWINGS AND PRIZES:
The potential winners of the Sweepstakes will be selected by random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the applicable Entry Period. Each Entry Period shall run during the Sweepstakes Period as more fully detailed in the chart below. The drawings will take place promptly following the end of each Entry Period. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules, the potential winners will be declared the official winners of the Sweepstakes (each, a "Winner" and collectively, the "Winners"). The decisions of Foundation are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the applicable Entry Period. Purchase will not increase odds of winning. All non-winning eligible entries from one Entry Period will not carry-over to or be eligible for any subsequent Entry Period. One entry per person per Entry Period. Limit one (1) Prize per person, family or household per Entry Period.
PRIZES: Three (3) prizes (each a "Prize" and collectively, the "Prizes") will be awarded, one (1) Prize per Entry Period at Foundation sole discretion as follows:
Entry Period Start
Entry Period Conclusion
January 12, 2019, doors open for game (approximately 6:00 p.m. CT).
January 12, 2019, end of the First Period.
Two (2) 100 level tickets to a game and a meet & greet. Date of game and location of seats to be determined by Chicago Blackhawks in its sole discretion. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $1,000
January 12, 2019, Beginning of First Intermission.
January 12, 2019, end of the Second Period.
A hockey stick signed by the Chicago Blackhawks players. ARV: $500
January 12, 2019, Beginning of Second Intermission.
January 12, 2019, end of the Third Period.
A replica jersey signed by Patrick Kane. ARV: $500
(5) WINNERS LIST: For the name of the Sweepstakes Winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Blackhawks Foundation Night Sweepstakes, United Center, 1901 West Madison St., Chicago, IL 60612 after January 12, 2019, and before February 28, 2019.
(6) All prizes are non-transferable and non-assignable by winner to any other person, including relatives or friends, without the consent of the Foundation. All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by the Foundation in its sole discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change. In the event a prize is unavailable, the Foundation reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value. Unless otherwise stated herein, all prizes are awarded "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). All expenses not specifically mentioned herein, including but not limited to federal, state and local taxes, travel to and from the United Center, souvenirs, parking, and food and beverage are solely the winner's responsibility. Unclaimed prizes will be forfeited. One prize per person. The prizes are not redeemable for cash.
(7) By entering, each entrant agrees to follow these Official Rules and to release, hold harmless and indemnify the Chicago Blackhawk Hockey Team, Inc., Chicago Blackhawks Foundation, the NHL and its member teams, United Center Joint Venture, the NHL Entities, Blackhawk Community Ice Rink, LLC, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, partners, equity holders, shareholders, members, employees, agents and representatives and all others associated with the manufacture, distribution, development and execution of this Sweepstakes and prizes (the "Released Parties") from and against any and all claims, liability, injury, expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees), damage, loss or causes of action (however named or described) that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from: (i) entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes; (ii) the delivery, misdelivery, receipt, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prizes awarded in the Sweepstakes; (iii) the use of a winner's name, photograph and/or likeness as permitted herein, including, without limitation, claims based on publicity rights, defamation and/or invasion of privacy; (iv) entrant's actual or alleged misappropriation or infringement of proprietary, protected, trademarked, copyrighted or other intellectual property; (v) any travel or activity related to the receipt, use or misuse of the prizes, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death and/or property damage; and/or (vi) any other claims that relate in any way to the Sweepstakes. Additionally, the Released Parties are not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant's e-mail account to receive e-mail messages. Released Parties are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner or any person claiming through such entrant or winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof or inability to continue the Sweepstakes, by reason of any act of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, kidnapping, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute, lockout, work slowdown or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, vandalism, or any other cause beyond the control of any Released Party. Those who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information in their entry form, or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of the Foundation may be disqualified. The Foundation reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual feared to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be found acting in violation of the Official Rules, or who is believed to be undermining or attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes.
(8) In consideration for being awarded a prize, winner hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the use of the winner's name, photograph, biographical information and/or likeness in any and all advertising, promotions and other publicity conducted by the Chicago Blackhawks, Foundation, the NHL, its member teams, and/or NHL Enterprises, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and designees. Winner assumes all liability and risk for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes or the receipt, use or misuse of any prize. Potential winner will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, release of liability and publicity license ("Affidavit") form within a specified time after attempted notification. If any potential winner fails or refuses to sign and return such Affidavit within the time period required by the Foundation or if the prize or prize notification is returned as rejected, faulty or unclaimed, or returned as undeliverable to such potential winner, such winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. If winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules, or if a winner cannot attend or participate in any portion of the prize, or declines a prize for any reason prior to the award, such winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. Identity of the winner is subject to the Foundation's verification. Winner's guest, if any, shall be required to sign and return a release of liability and publicity license. The Foundation is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, damaged, intercepted, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the winners.
(10) Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law.
Chicago Blackhawks Foundation
680 N. Lake Shore Drive,
Chicago, IL 60611
(13) BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS' FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; (D) ENTRANTS' REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF; AND (E) ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY AGREES TO BRING ANY ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF COOK COUNTY, ILLINOIS, OR THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF ILLINOIS (IF JURISDICTIONAL PREREQUISITES ARE SATISFIED).