BMO Harris Youth Hockey Player, Coach and Volunteer of the Month
1. How to Enter: No Purchase or Transaction Necessary to Enter or Win. Purchases or transactions will not increase your chances of winning. From August 26, 2016 through March 17, 2017 ("Contest End Date"), fans can submit nominations for the BMO Harris Youth Hockey Player, Coach and Volunteer of the Month ("Contest"). Fans can submit a nomination form on-line at chicagoblackhawks.com, available in the youth hockey and contest sections, or mail in a nomination form to the Blackhawks at 1901 W. Madison Street, Chicago, IL 60612. No entries will be accepted after the Contest End Date. No mechanically reproduced or photocopied entries permitted. Entries become the property of Chicago Blackhawk Hockey Team, Inc. ("Chicago Blackhawks") and will not be returned. This contest is sponsored by Chicago Blackhawk Hockey Team, Inc. and BMO Harris Bank N.A. (collectively "Sponsors").
2. Eligibility: Nominees for Youth Hockey Player of the Month must be between five (5) and eighteen (18) years of age as of the date of his or her nomination. Nominees for Youth Hockey Coach of the Month must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of his or her nomination. Nominees for Youth Hockey Volunteer of the Month may be any age. Nominees must be individuals and they and their immediate families (defined as spouses and individuals living in the same household) must not be employees directors, officers, governors or agents of (a) Sponsors, (b) National Hockey League ("NHL"), (c) the NHL's member teams, (d) Sponsors' advertising and promotion agencies, or (e) any of their respective parents, subsidiaries, or affiliates. Nominators must be individuals (i.e. not a company, foundation or other organization), over 18 years of age, and legal residents of Illinois, Indiana or Wisconsin, and they and their immediate families (defined as spouses and individuals living in the same household) must not be employees of (a) Sponsors, (b) the NHL, (c) the NHL's member teams, (d) Sponsors' advertising and promotion agencies, or (e) any of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, governors and agents.
3. Judging Criteria: Judges will select six (6) Youth Hockey Players of the Month, six (6) Youth Coaches of the Month, and six (6) Youth Hockey Volunteers of the Month (each a "Contest Winner") in their sole discretion. Contest Winners will be selected based on the following criteria: (a) hockey accomplishments; (b) volunteer activities in the nominee's community; and (c) demonstrated passion, dedication and spirit through commitment to community. In determining the Youth Hockey Player of the Month, the judges will also consider the nominee's academic accomplishments and involvement with his or her school. The judges will select three (3) Contest Winners (one player, one coach and one volunteer) on six (6) Selection Dates from among all eligible entries received prior to such Selection dates. The Selection Dates shall be determined by Chicago Blackhawks in its sole discretion.
Non-winning entries submitted prior to a Selection Date will be carried over and considered eligible to be selected as a winner on the next Selection Date, if any.
4. Prizes: The Contest Winners will be honored on-ice prior to a Blackhawks game, and the presentation will incorporate the film of each Contest Winner. Each Contest Winner will receive four (4) 100 level game tickets to the Blackhawks game at which he or she will be honored, a $100 Harris gift card, and will be presented with a plaque. The dates of the award presentation games will be determined by Chicago Blackhawks in its sole discretion. Presentation dates are subject to change in the Sponsors' sole discretion.
The Chicago Blackhawks will send a certificate, letter and photo to each of the eighteen (18) Contest Winners' hockey organization(s) congratulating them. The Contest Winners will have the opportunity to attend a Chicago Blackhawks practice (one session for all winners). The date of the practice shall be determined by the Chicago Blackhawks in its sole discretion. Finally, the Chicago Blackhawks will post a head shot, biography and short video clip about the each Contest Winner on the youth hockey section of the Chicago Blackhawks' website. The approximate retail value of each prize is eight hundred sixty dollars ($860.00).
Each nominee is only eligible to win one prize. All incidental costs and expenses not specifically referred to as being included in the prize, including, but not limited to, transportation to and from the United Center, parking, food, beverages and souvenir items, and all taxes associated with participation in or receipt or use of a prize from the contest shall be the responsibility of the Contest Winner. Sponsors, in their sole discretion, may substitute or alter any prize for one of equal or greater value. Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be sold or exchanged for cash or otherwise, except at the sole discretion of Sponsors.
5. Awarding of Prize: Selected Contest Winners will be contacted by telephone or e-mail based on the contact information provided in the entry form. The Contest Winner's tickets will be available for pick-up at the United Center at Will Call prior to the game for which the tickets were provided. Valid state or federal identification from the Contest Winner, or one of the Contest Winner's parents or legal guardian, is required to pick up the tickets at Will Call. Contest Winners must attend the game for which game tickets are provided.
6. General Rules: By entering this Contest, the nominator agrees (and by agreeing to accept a prize, the winning nominee agrees) to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsors, whose decisions are final with respect to all matters relating to the Contest, including without limitation, eligibility and /or disqualification of entries. Entries are subject to verification and are automatically void if forged, altered, or irregular in any way. Sponsors, in their sole discretion, may disqualify any nominator and his or her nominee who is found to have tampered in any way with the operation of the Contest.
The Sponsors are not responsible for (i) lost, late, damaged, destroyed, inaccurate, delayed, incomplete, unintelligible, non-delivered, misdirected or stolen entries; (ii) interrupted or unavailable network, broadband, satellite or telephone networks or lines, computer systems, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs, servers or providers, or other connections, availability or accessibility; (iii) unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (iv) miscommunications, failed computer, telephone, cellular, satellite, or cable transmissions, lines or other technical failure; (v) jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (vi) any other errors of any kind, whether human, technical, mechanical, electronic or network, including, without limitation, any errors that may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest or in any Contest-related materials; or (vii) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information.
Each Contest Winner (or the winner's parent or legal guardian if winner is a minor) must complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release (collectively, the "Release"), without revision, within seven (7) days of notification or the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternative winner. Each Contest Winner must be able to attend the award presentation game at which Contest Winner will be acknowledged. In the event Contest Winner is unable to attend such award presentation game, Contest Winner will be disqualified and the prize may be awarded to an alternative winner. By accepting a prize and executing the Release, the Contest Winner, among other things: (a) agrees to hold harmless and release Sponsors, the NHL, the United Center Joint Venture, Blackhawk Community Ice Rink, LLC, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, shareholders, governors, employees, members, partners, advertising and promotions agencies, and agents (collectively the "Released Parties") from and against any and all claims, liability, injury, expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees), damage, loss or causes of action (however named or described) that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from: (i) Contest Winner's participation in the Contest; (ii) the delivery, misdelivery, receipt, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prizes awarded in the Contest; (iii) the use of a winner's name, photograph and/or likeness as permitted herein, including, without limitation, claims based on publicity rights, defamation and/or invasion of privacy; and/or (iv) any travel or activity related to the receipt, use or misuse of the prizes, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death and/or property damage. Additionally, the Released Parties are not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant's e-mail account to receive e-mail messages. Released Parties are not responsible or liable to any nominee or winner or any person claiming through such nominee or winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof or inability to continue the Contest, by reason of any act of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, kidnapping, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute, lockout, work slowdown or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, vandalism, or any other cause beyond the Released Parties' sole control. Those who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information in their entry form, or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of the Chicago Blackhawks may be disqualified. The Chicago Blackhawks reserve the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual feared to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be found acting in violation of the Official Rules, or to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest.
In consideration for being awarded a prize, each Contest Winner hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the use of the winner's name, photograph, biographical information and/or likeness in any and all advertising, promotions and other publicity conducted by Sponsors, the NHL and its member teams, NHL Enterprises, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and designees. Each Contest Winner further acknowledges and agrees that he or she may be identified on the in-arena videoboard and announced as a BMO Harris "Youth Hockey Player of the Month," a BMO Harris "Youth Hockey Coach of the Month" or a BMO Harris "Youth Hockey Volunteer of the Month" on the public address system at the United Center at the game he or she attends as a prize winner.
This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. In the event Sponsors are prevented from continuing or completing this Contest, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Contest is undermined by any event or cause not reasonably within the Sponsors' control, including but not limited to electronic disruption, virus, bugs, tampering, printing or production errors, work stoppage, lockout or other labor dispute, or other causes beyond Sponsors' control that disrupt the administration, security or proper play of this Contest, Sponsors shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Contest without further obligation. If the Sponsors, in their discretion, elect to abbreviate the Contest, Sponsors reserve the right, but not the obligation, to award the prizes from among all valid and eligible entries received up to the time of such event or cause. Sponsors are not responsible if any game is delayed or cancelled for reasons beyond their control.
7. Winners' List: To receive a full list of prize-winners, send a postage-paid envelope to: BMO Harris/Blackhawks Youth Hockey Player, Coach and Volunteer of the Month Contest, Chicago Blackhawks, 1901 W. Madison Street, Chicago, IL 60612. Requests for a Winners' List must be received after April 1, 2017 and before June 30, 2017.
8. Sponsors: Chicago Blackhawk Hockey Team, Inc., 1901 W. Madison Street, Chicago, Illinois 60612, and BMO Harris Bank N.A., 111 W. Monroe St., Chicago, Illinois 60603.