"Charity of the Month Sweepstakes"
NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR DONATION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR DONATION WILL NOT INCREASE OR IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY. Minnesota Wild's "Charity of the Month Sweepstakes" (the "Sweepstakes") is only open to entrants who, as of the entry date, are permanent legal residents of the States of Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, Illinois or Wisconsin who are at least eighteen (18) years old. The Sweepstakes is void outside the States of Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, Illinois or Wisconsin and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Minnesota Wild Hockey Club, L.P. ("Wild"), its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate families (defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings, grandparents, and their respective spouses) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of each such employee, officer and director, are not eligible to enter. The Sweepstakes, and any website pages and advertisements relating thereto, is intended for viewing only within the eligible Sweepstakes territory, and entrants must be present in the eligible Sweepstakes territory at the time they enter.
2. TIMING. The Sweepstakes begins at 8:00 a.m. Central Time ("CT") on Friday January 24, 2014 and ends at 12:00 p.m. CT on Saturday April 12, 2014 ("Sweepstakes Period"). There are three (3) entry periods during the Sweepstakes (each an "Entry Period"). The first Entry Period begins at 8:00 a.m. CT on Friday January 24, 2014 and ends at the start of the second period of the Minnesota Wild hockey game on February 4, 2014 ("Entry Period 1"). The second Entry Period begins at 8:00 a.m. CT on Wednesday February 5, 2014 and ends at the start of the second period of the Minnesota Wild hockey game on March 11, 2014 ("Entry Period 2"). The third and final Entry Period begins at 8:00 a.m. CT on Wednesday March 12, 2014 and ends at the start of the second period of the Minnesota Wild hockey game on April 8, 2014 ("Entry Period 3"). Wild's computer is the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes.
Wild reserves the right to alter, suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes and/or each of the Entry Periods at any time and for any reason in its sole discretion without notice.
3. HOW TO ENTER. There are two (2) ways to enter: At one of the Minnesota Wild hockey games referenced below or by mail.
a. TO ENTER DURING A MINNESOTA WILD HOCKEY GAME: Fans may enter-to-win by locating the Charity of the Month Table at Section 114 in the Xcel Energy concourse during either the February 4, 2014, March 11, 2014 or April 8, 2014 Minnesota Wild hockey games (note there is one (1) game per Entry Period) and filling out one of the provided entry forms. All who completely and accurately fill out and submit an entry form on those nights between 6:00 p.m. CT and the start of the 2nd period will be entered into a random drawing to win a prize (described in Section 5 below).
b. TO ENTER BY MAIL: During an Entry Period, fans may enter to win by mailing a 3 x 5 card including their full name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and age in a pre-paid postage-stamped envelope to:
Charity of the Month Sweepstakes
c/o Minnesota Wild
317 Washington Street
St. Paul, MN 55102.
All eligible entries received by Wild during the Entry Period will be entered into a random drawing to win a prize (described in Section 5 below).
c. FOR ALL ENTRIES: LIMIT: One (1) entry per person per Entry Period. All entries must be received by Wild during the applicable Entry Period. All entries become the exclusive property of Wild and none will be acknowledged or returned. All entrants and entries subject to verification prior to the awarding of a prize, as are the eligibility, age and other claims of/information provided by a potential prize winner. See Section 12 below ("Data Collection") regarding data collected in connection with an entrant's entry and an entrant's ability to opt-out of /opt-in to receiving marketing and promotional materials.
4. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES AND DECISIONS. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Wild (including, without limitation, decisions regarding eligibility of entries, the selection of entrants and the winners, and the awarding of prizes), which are final and binding in all respects.
5. SELECTION; ODDS; NOTIFICATION.
In total, three (3) winners will randomly be selected to win a prize in the Sweepstakes. There will be one (1) winner selected at the conclusion of each Entry Period.
Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received by Wild in the Sweepstakes at the time of drawing.
The entrant selected must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Each potential winner will be notified using the contact information provided with their entry. The potential winner may be required to execute and return to Wild a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and a Publicity Release (except where prohibited by law) (an "Affidavit/Release") in the form(s) provided by Wild in order to claim his/her prize. The Affidavit/Release must be returned to Wild by the date and/or time indicated within the Affidavit/Release. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within two (2) days of the first attempt to contact him/her, or if the potential winner fails to return the Affidavit/Release within the specified time, or if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if the potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if the potential winner does not comply with the Official Rules, then the potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected by Wild in his/her place at random from among all eligible non-winning entries received by Wild during the Entry Period. In such event, an alternate potential prize winner will be notified as described above and will be required to return the required documents to Wild as described above; provided, however, Wild may alter the above timing to meet its Sweepstakes schedule.
6. PRIZE. Subject to the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, one (1) winner will be selected at the conclusion of each Entry Period to receive a Wild prize pack with an approximate retail value ("ARV") of $100.00 (contents of each prize pack to be determined by Wild in its sole discretion).
All prizes must be accepted as awarded, and prize is awarded "AS IS" with no warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, made by Sweepstakes Entities or for which Sweepstakes Entities shall be liable, including, without limitation, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. No substitution, assignment, refund or transfer of a prize is permitted, except by Wild, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or a component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of greater or equal value, including cash, if a prize is not available for any reason as determined by Wild in its sole discretion. Winner is solely responsible for any and all costs, fees, taxes and expenses associated with prize award, receipt and use, including, without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes on the prize and any travel costs that may be incurred. LIMIT: One (1) prize per person in this Sweepstakes.
7. PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant's consent to Wild's (and their respective designees', successors' and assigns') use of entrant's name, biography, likeness, voice, photographs, video, opinions, statements, hometown, state and country for promotional purposes in any manner or media (including, without limitation, online), worldwide, in perpetuity, and without further payment, consideration, notice, review or consent.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Wild reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes if, in its opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical difficulties or failures or any other factor beyond Wild's reasonable control corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such event, Wild reserves the right (but does not have the obligation) in its sole discretion to award prizes at random from among eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of suspected impairment. Wild reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and, should such an attempt be made, Wild reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Wild's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision or any other provision of these Official Rules.
9. RELEASE. By entering, each entrant forever and irrevocably releases and holds harmless Wild, its respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, and its respective agents, advertising and promotion agencies, Sweepstakes partners and prize suppliers, and all of their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents from and against all claims, damages or liabilities arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant's participation and/or entry in the Sweepstakes and/or entrant's award, receipt or use of any prize awarded in the Sweepstakes.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. Wild is not responsible for: (a) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information or late, lost, stolen, unintelligible, illegible, damaged, mutilated, altered, incomplete, misdirected or postage due entries or entries received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer online systems, computer equipment, website, server provider, network, hardware or software; (c) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any website or service; (d) unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (e) printing, typographical, electronic or human errors which may occur in the offer or administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant's computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes, or from viewing, playing or downloading any material from the Wild's website(s), regardless of whether the material was prepared by the Wild or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to the Wild's respective websites by a hypertext link.
11. DISPUTES. Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in a federal or state court located in Minneapolis or St. Paul, Minnesota; entrant submits to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts in the State of Minnesota for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant or Wild in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Minnesota, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules of provisions (whether of the State of Minnesota, the United States, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Minnesota.
13. OFFICIAL RULES. These Official Rules are available at http://www.wild.com or by sending a self-addressed postage-stamped envelope to "Charity of the Month Sweepstakes" - Rules Request," Minnesota Wild, 317 Washington Street, St. Paul, Minnesota 55102.
14. WINNERS LIST. A list of the winners of this Sweepstakes will be available after the Sweepstakes Period through May 30, 2014 by sending a self-addressed postage-stamped envelope to "Charity of the Month Sweepstakes" - Winners List Request," Minnesota Wild, 317 Washington Street, St. Paul, Minnesota 55102.
15. SPONSOR. The sponsors of each drawing in the Sweepstakes and the addresses at which they may be contacted are as follows:
Entry Period 1/Drawing 1: CaringBridge, 1715 Yankee Doodle Rd. Suite 30, Eagan, MN 55121
Entry Period 2/Drawing 2: Forthcoming
Entry Period 3/Drawing 3: Forthcoming