Vancouver, B.C. - The Vancouver Canucks announced details surrounding the upcoming "Sedin Week" taking place over three consecutive home games next week.
Sedin Week will kick-off on Monday, February 10th vs Nashville with "Legends Night" presented by Toyota, celebrating the careers of the four Canucks icons who currently have their numbers hanging in the rafters: Stan Smyl, Trevor Linden, Pavel Bure and Markus Naslund.
History will be made on Wednesday, February 12th vs Chicago when No. 22 and No. 33 are raised to the rafters in a special 6PM pregame ceremony that celebrates the Sedins' incredible on-ice excellence. Jersey retirement night is presented by Budweiser.
The week will conclude on Sunday, February 16th with a family focused "Legacy Game" at 2PM vs. Anaheim, recognizing the Sedins' widespread off-ice contributions to the community and the Province of B.C.
Fans are encouraged to be in their seats early for all three games. Below are more details on how fans can participate in these historic moments.
A limited number of tickets are still available at canucks.com/tickets.
FEBRUARY 10 - "SEDIN WEEK: LEGENDS NIGHT" PRESENTED BY TOYOTA:
- Stan Smyl, Trevor Linden and Markus Naslund will be in attendance for a pregame ceremony that will celebrate their excellence and achievements as Canucks.
- Fans are encouraged to be in their seats by 6:45 pm to be ready for the ceremony.
- The Canucks will wear the historic Black Skate jerseys for the final time this season. Each game-worn jersey will be autographed and used at the annual Dice & Ice Gala on February 14th to raise money for the Canucks for Kids Fund.
- A revamped Legends Locker Room, presented by Rogers, will be unveiled at Sec. 317. The interactive exhibit will give fans the opportunity to get their photo sitting in replica player stalls for each legendary player and interact with the Sedins through a special augmented reality feature using the Canucks app.
- Every fan will receive a commemorative Legends Night game magazine on their seat.
- A limited-edition Legends Night retail collection will be launched in the Canucks Team Store and on vanbase.ca, with new items added at 7PM.
FEBRUARY 12 - "SEDIN WEEK: JERSEY RETIREMENT NIGHT" PRESENTED BY BUDWEISER:
- The ceremony begins at 6PM. Fans are strongly encouraged to plan ahead and arrive early to witness history. Doors open at 4:30PM.
4:30PM Doors open
6:00PM Ceremony begins
7:30PM Puck drop
- The Sedins will be joined on ice by close family and friends, as well as key teammates, coaches and executives. The historic ceremony will include special introductions, speeches, videos and the raising of two banners for two brothers for the first time in NHL history.
- The night of the banner raising, every fan at the game will receive a complimentary Budweiser beer in a limited edition Sedin twin can, to mark the momentous occasion. Non-acholic options will also be available.
- In addition, Budweiser's limited-edition commemorative Sedin cans will also be available in stores across Vancouver.
- Every fan will receive a commemorative Sedin Night t-shirt on their seat.
- Fans will be provided with an exclusive commemorative game night magazine.
- Canucks players will wear blue Sedin jerseys in warmup and special helmet decals for the game.
- The warmup jerseys will be autographed by each player and the Sedins, then auctioned off in the Team Store and online at vanbase.ca.
- The full ceremony and game will be broadcast on Sportsnet Pacific and Sportsnet 650. Sportsnet's John Shorthouse will be the honorary emcee for the evening.
FEBRUARY 16 - "SEDIN WEEK: LEGACY GAME":
- A special pregame ceremony will honour the Sedins' widespread off-ice contributions to the community and the Province of B.C.
- Children from organizations who have been positively impacted by the Sedin family's dedication to the community will join the twins in the ceremony.
- Fans are encouraged to be in their seats by 1:45 pm to be ready for the ceremony.
- Each fan will receive a commemorative game night magazine on their seat.
- Canucks players will wear white Sedin jerseys in warmup that will be autographed by each player, and the Sedins, then auctioned off in the Team Store and online at vanbase.ca.
- The Canucks will wear the white primary jerseys during the game. Anaheim will wear their alternate jerseys.
For complete event coverage, please visit: canucks.com/sedinweek
A limited number of tickets are still available at canucks.com/tickets. To ensure entry to the events, fans are encouraged to purchase official tickets via Ticketmaster (ticketmaster.ca or 1-855-523-6800). Fans purchasing from unauthorized sources risk having invalid, fraudulent tickets that will result in denied entry. For full ticket information, visit canucks.com/tickets.