1. Register your classroom(s). After registering, you will be emailed a welcome packet which includes the following digital materials:
- Book Jackets Instruction Manual
- Classroom minute tracking poster
- Classroom minute tracking log
- Student scorecards
- Letter for your student's parents/guardians about the program
2. Your students' parents/guardians will help keep track of minutes read outside the classroom that will be reported back to teachers weekly.
3. At the end of the four weeks, teachers will submit classroom forms onto this website.
- Students whose minutes are submitted will receive prizing for completing the program.
- Three "All-Star Readers" will be highlighted each month on this webpage as well as our CBJGivesBack social platforms.
- Four classes will be randomly selected for a Stinger classroom visit, courtesy of Jet's Pizza.
- Teachers will receive a complimentary ticket offer to a Blue Jackets home game.
4. Please note 2021-22 program deadlines:
- August: Registration for Book Jackets opens for the 2021-22 school year.
- April 1: Last day to register for Book Jackets for the 2021-22 school year.
- May 2: Program deadline for all reading minute submissions.
Additional resources are available, including extra welcome packet contents, certificates of achievement, and hockey themed book suggestions courtesy of the Columbus Metropolitan Library. CLICK HERE
For any questions about the Book Jackets program, please email email@example.com.