1. Register your classroom(s). After registering, you will be emailed a welcome packet which includes the following digital materials:
- Book Jackets Instruction Manual
- Classroom minute tracking poster
- Classroom minute tracking log
- Student scorecards
- Letter for your student's parents/guardians about the program
2. Your students' parents/guardians will help keep track of minutes read outside the classroom that will be reported back to teachers weekly.
3. At the end of the four weeks, teachers will submit classroom forms onto this website.
- Classrooms will be automatically entered to win a virtual classroom visit from the Blue Jackets' mascot, Stinger, for the month following their submission. One (1) virtual visit will take place each month.
- The classroom recording the highest average minutes read for the month will be featured on this webpage and CBJGivesBack social platforms.
- Students whose minutes are submitted will receive a digital prize for completing the program.
4. Please note 2020-21 program deadlines:
- October: Registration for Book Jackets opens for the 2020-21 school year.
- Last day of each month: Deadline to submit total classroom minutes for that month's prizing.
- March 15: Last day to register for Book Jackets for the 2020-21 school year.
- April 15: Program deadline for all reading minute submissions.
Additional resources are available, including extra welcome packet contents, certificates of achievement, and hockey themed book suggestions courtesy of the Columbus Metropolitan Library. CLICK HERE
For any questions about the Book Jackets program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.