BMO Harris/Chicago Blackhawks Ultimate Fan Sweepstakes
1. NO PURCHASE OR TRANSACTION REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASES OR TRANSACTIONS WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Sweepstakes void where prohibited by law. Chicago Blackhawk Hockey Team, Inc. ("Chicago Blackhawks") and BMO Harris Bank N.A. ("BMO Harris") are the Sponsors of these Sweepstakes.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Complete an entry form online at www.chicagoblackhawks.com between September 16, 2019 and March 20, 2020. One entry per person. No groups, clubs or organizations may participate in this offer or reproduce or distribute any portion of these Official Rules or entry forms to their members.
3. Sweepstakes open to residents of Illinois, Wisconsin and Indiana, 18 years of age or older, provided that the following persons are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes: (a) the employees, officers, directors, partners, equity holders, members and agents of Chicago Blackhawks and BMO Harris, and their respective immediate family members (spouse, parents, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren) and members of their same households (whether legally related or not), (b) the employees, officers, directors, partners, equity holders, members and agents of the National Hockey League (the "NHL") and its member teams, NHL Enterprises, L.P., NHL Enterprises Canada, L.P., NHL Enterprises B.V., and/or NHL Interactive CyberEnterprises, LLC (the foregoing are collectively the "NHL Entities"), and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and affiliates, and their respective immediate family members (spouse, parents, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren) and members of their same households (whether legally related or not) The decisions of the Chicago Blackhawks, including but not limited to eligibility of participants and selection of the winners, are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Only one (1) winner per household.
4. Throughout the season, one (1) winner will be randomly selected from all the eligible entries for each Chicago Blackhawks home game played at the United Center during the 2019 - 2020 Chicago Blackhawks regular season. Winners will be notified by phone and/or email after their selection. Odds of winning a prize are dependent on the number of eligible entries received. Purchase will not increase odds of winning. For the name of the sweepstakes winners, send a self addressed, stamped envelope to BMO Harris Bank N.A., BMO Harris Bank Chicago Blackhawks Sweepstakes, 111 West Monroe Street, Chicago, Illinois 60603 or Chicago Blackhawks, Corporate Marketing, United Center, 1901 West Madison St., Chicago, IL 60612 after October 15, 2019 and before July 31, 2020.
5. PRIZES: Each of forty-one (41) winners (one (1) winner selected for forty-one (41) home games played at the United Center during the 2019 - 2020 Chicago Blackhawks regular season) will receive four (4) 100 level tickets to a Chicago Blackhawks home game (date of the game and seat location to be determined by Chicago Blackhawks in its sole discretion), an autographed replica jersey (identity of the autograph signer to be determined by Chicago Blackhawks in its sole discretion) and the opportunity to play in the BMO Harris Blackhawks Name that Tune game ("Name that Tune"), the Blackhawks Rapid Fire game ("Rapid Fire"), the Blackhawks Madhouse Price Match game ("Price Match"), the Blackhawks Match game ("Match Game") or the Blackhawks Puck-O game ("Puck-O") from his or her winning seats. The game played by the winner will be selected by Chicago Blackhawks in its sole discretion.
Winners playing Name that Tune will hear select notes from a song played on the United Center organ. If the winner can correctly identify the song, the winner will receive a $100 BMO Harris gift card. If the winner cannot correctly identify the song within the time allotted, the winner will receive a foam finger.
Winners playing Rapid Fire will compete against a previously-made recording of a Chicago Blackhawks player to name as many items in a specified category within a specified period of time. If the winner correctly names more items than the player, the winner will win a $100 BMO Harris gift card. Winners who do not name more items than the player will receive a foam finger.
Winners playing Price Match will be presented with four (4) items from the Madhouse Store. The winner must correctly arrange the items by price, from lowest price to highest price. For each item that the winner places in the correct position, the winner will receive a $25 BMO Harris gift card (up to $100 in total gift card value). Winners who correctly place all four (4) of the items will also receive all four (4) of the items displayed, courtesy of the Madhouse Store. Winners who do not correctly place any of the items will receive a foam finger.
Winners playing Match Game will be asked a series of four (4) fill-in-the-blank questions about a Chicago Blackhawks player. The Chicago Blackhawks will answer the same four (4) questions on a previously-made recording. For each question that the winner answers in the same way as the Chicago Blackhawks player, the winner will receive a $25 BMO Harris gift card (up to $100 in total gift card value). Winners who do not answer any of the questions in the same way as the Chicago Blackhawks player will receive a foam finger.
Winners playing Puck-O will be presented with four (4) items from the Madhouse Store, each of varying price. A purported price will appear below each item. For each item, the winner will be asked to state whether the actual price of the displayed item is higher or lower than the price shown below said item. For each item the winner correctly identifies as having an actual price higher or lower than the displayed price, the winner will receive a $25 BMO Harris gift card (up to $100 in total gift card value). For each item the winner correctly identifies as having an actual price higher or lower than the displayed price, the winner will also receive a token to drop into the Puck-O Board (maximum of four (4) tokens total). After the winner has completed attempting to identify whether the actual item prices are higher or lower than the displayed price, the winner will have the opportunity to drop any collected tokens into the Puck-O Board. Winners may receive additional prizes from the Madhouse Store depending upon the final landing point of the token in the Puck-O Board. The exact prizes available to be won from the Puck-O Board will be determined by Chicago Blackhawks in its sole discretion. Winners who do not correctly identify any item as having an actual price higher or lower than the displayed price will receive a foam finger.
The approximate retail value ("ARV") of the tickets ranges from $842.24 to $1,084.16, depending on the game for which the tickets may be used. The ARV of the autographed replica jersey is $500. The ARV of the $100 gift card is $100, the ARV of the $75 gift card is $75, the ARV of the $50 gift card is $50, the ARV of the $25 gift card is $25, and the ARV of the foam finger is $5.00. The ARV of the items displayed in Price Match will vary from game to game depending on the items displayed, and will range from $5 to $300. The ARV of the items available to be won from the Puck-O Board will vary from game to game depending on the items selected, and will range from $5 to $300. The maximum total ARV of the possible prizes winner might receive ranges from $1,347.24 to $1,984.16.
6. If the ticket prize is not claimed within three (3) business days of attempted notification, or if the additional prize is not claimed when prize is awarded during the game, the winner will be disqualified and the prize forfeited. The winner must execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability Release and Advertising Consent when ticket prize is awarded, or the prize will be forfeited. Winners are solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes and any and all costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of any of the prizes not specified herein. No substitutions, cash redemption or transfers for the prize (including relatives and friends) are offered, except Chicago Blackhawks may at its option award a prize of equivalent or greater value. By submitting an entry, winner agrees to the use of his or her name, address, and photograph for advertising and publicity purposes without compensation or remuneration of any kind or additional permission.
7. All entries become the property of Sponsors and will not be returned. Official entry forms are subject to verification and are automatically void if forged, altered, or irregular in any way. By entering, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules, and all ticket-holder rules and policies, and the decisions of the judges, which are final. Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual feared to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be found acting in violation of the Official Rules or to undermine legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes. By entering, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsors in connection with the sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Cook County, Illinois. Entrants are responsible for any and all costs of redemption or travel to redeem said prize, and any liability, which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem, said prize.
8. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Sponsors are not responsible for any printing or typographical error in this offer, the administration of the Sweepstakes, or the announcement of the winner. In the event Sponsors are prevented from continuing or completing this Sweepstakes, or the integrity or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is undermined by any event or cause not reasonably within their control, including but not limited to technical, telephonic, hardware, software, network computer, data transmission, incomplete entries, electronic disruption, virus, bugs, tampering, printing or production errors, work stoppage, lockout or other labor dispute or other causes beyond their control that disrupt the administration, security or proper play of this Sweepstakes, Sponsors shall have the right, in their sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes without further obligation. If Sponsors, in their discretion, elect to abbreviate the Sweepstakes, Sponsors reserve the right, but not the obligation, to award the prize from among all valid and eligible entries received up to the time of such event or cause.
10. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to follow these Official Rules and to release, hold harmless and indemnify BMO Harris, Bank of Montreal, Chicago Blackhawk Hockey Team, Inc., United Center Joint Venture, Blackhawk Community Ice Rink, LLC, the NHL Entities, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, partners, equity holders, shareholders, members, employees, agents and representatives and all others associated with the manufacture, distribution, development and execution of this Sweepstakes and prizes (the "Released Parties") from and against any and all liability, injury, damage, loss or causes of action (however named or described) that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from: (i) entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes; (ii) the delivery, misdelivery, receipt, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prizes awarded in the Sweepstakes; (iii) the use of a winner's name, photograph and/or likeness as permitted herein, including, without limitation, claims based on publicity rights, defamation and/or invasion of privacy; (iv) any travel or activity related to the receipt, use or misuse of the prizes, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death and/or property damage, and/or (v) any other claims that relate in any way to the Sweepstakes. Additionally, the Released Parties are not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant's e-mail account to receive e-mail messages. Released Parties are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner or any person claiming through such winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof or inability to continue the Sweepstakes, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, kidnapping, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute, lockout, work slowdown or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, vandalism, or any other cause beyond the Released Parties' sole control. Those who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information in their entry form, or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of the Chicago Blackhawks may be disqualified.
Sponsored by: BMO Harris Bank N.A.
111 W. Monroe St.
Chicago, Illinois 60603
Chicago Blackhawk Hockey Team, Inc.
1901 West Madison Street
Chicago, Illinois 60612
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS' FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; (D) ENTRANTS' REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF; AND (E) ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY AGREES TO BRING ANY ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF COOK COUNTY, ILLINOIS, OR THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF ILLINOIS (IF JURISDICTIONAL PREREQUISITES ARE SATISFIED).