BMO Harris/Chicago Blackhawks Ultimate Fan Sweepstakes
1. NO PURCHASE OR TRANSACTION REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASES OR TRANSACTIONS WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Sweepstakes void where prohibited by law. Chicago Blackhawk Hockey Team, Inc. ("Chicago Blackhawks") and BMO Harris Bank N.A. ("BMO Harris") are the Sponsors of these Sweepstakes.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Complete an entry form online at www.chicagoblackhawks.com between October 2, 2017 and March 23, 2018. One entry per person. No groups, clubs or organizations may participate in this offer or reproduce or distribute any portion of these Official Rules or entry forms to their members.
3. Sweepstakes open to residents of Illinois, Wisconsin and Indiana, 18 years of age or older at the time of entry, provided that the following persons are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes: (a) the employees, officers, directors, partners, equity holders, members and agents of Chicago Blackhawks and BMO Harris, and their respective immediate family members (spouse, parents, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren) and members of their same households (whether legally related or not), (b) the employees, officers, directors, partners, equity holders, members and agents of the National Hockey League (the "NHL") and its member teams, NHL Enterprises, L.P., NHL Enterprises Canada, L.P., NHL Enterprises B.V., and/or NHL Interactive CyberEnterprises, LLC (the foregoing are collectively the "NHL Entities"), and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and affiliates, and their respective immediate family members (spouse, parents, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren) and members of their same households (whether legally related or not) The decisions of the Chicago Blackhawks, including but not limited to eligibility of participants and selection of the winners, are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Only one (1) winner per household.
4. Throughout the season, one (1) winner will be randomly selected from all the eligible entries for each Chicago Blackhawks home game played at the United Center during the 2017 - 2018 Chicago Blackhawks regular season. Winners will be notified by phone and/or email after their selection. Odds of winning a prize are dependent on the number of eligible entries received. Purchase will not increase odds of winning. For the name of the sweepstakes winners, send a self addressed, stamped envelope to BMO Harris Bank N.A., BMO Harris Bank Chicago Blackhawks Sweepstakes, 111 West Monroe Street, Chicago, Illinois 60603 or Chicago Blackhawks, Corporate Marketing, United Center, 1901 West Madison St., Chicago, IL 60612 after October 18, 2017 and before July 31, 2018.
5. PRIZES: Each of forty-one (41) winners (one (1) winner selected for forty-one (41) home games played at the United Center during 2017 - 2018 Chicago Blackhawks regular season) will receive four (4) 200 level tickets (date of game and seat location to be determined by Chicago Blackhawks in its sole discretion) to a Chicago Blackhawks home game and the opportunity to play in the BMO Harris Blackhawks Anagrams ("Anagrams"), the Blackhawks Rapid Fire game ("Rapid Fire"), the Blackhawks Madhouse Price Match game ("Price Match"), the Blackhawks Match the Stat game ("Match the Stat"), the Blackhawks Buzzwords game ("Buzzwords") or the Blackhawks Cliffhanger game ("Cliffhanger") live on the videoboard from his or her winning seats. The game played by the winner will be selected by Chicago Blackhawks in its sole discretion.
Winners playing Anagrams will be presented with an anagram of the name of a Chicago Blackhawks player. If the winner can correctly identify the Blackhawks player without any hints, the winner will receive a $100 BMO Harris Bank MasterCard® Gift Card. The winner may receive up to three (3) hints, and each hint will reduce the value of the gift card by $25 (i.e., if the winner correctly solves the puzzle with one (1) hint, the winner will receive a $75 BMO Harris Bank MasterCard® Gift Card. If the winner correctly solves the puzzle with two (2) hints, the winner will receive a $50 BMO Harris Bank MasterCard® Gift Card . If the winner correctly solves the puzzle with three (3) hints, the winner will receive a $25 BMO Harris Bank MasterCard® Gift Card) If the winner cannot correctly solve the puzzle within the time allotted, or requires more than three (3) hints to solve the puzzle, the winner will receive a foam finger.
Winners playing Rapid Fire will compete against a previously-made recording of a Chicago Blackhawks player to name as many brands in a specified product category within a specified period of time. If the winner correctly names more brands than the player, the winner will win a $100 BMO Harris Bank MasterCard® Gift Card. Winners who do not name more brands than the player will receive a foam finger.
Winners playing Price Match will be presented with four (4) items from the Madhouse Store. The winner must correctly arrange the items by price, from lowest price to highest price. For each item that the winner places in the correct position, the winner will receive a $25 BMO Harris Bank MasterCard® Gift Card(up to $100 in total gift card value). Winners who do not correctly place any of the items will receive a foam finger.
Winners playing Match the Stat will be presented with the jerseys of four current or former Chicago Blackhawks players, as well as four statistical facts. The winner must move the appropriate player jersey above the statistic that belongs to that player. For each statistic that the winner correctly matches with a player, the winner will receive a $25 BMO Harris Bank MasterCard® Gift Card (up to $100 in total gift card value). Winners who do not correctly match any of the statistics will receive a foam finger.
Winners playing Buzzwords will be presented with a word puzzle. The letters H, A, W, K, S, if present in the puzzle, will be revealed. The winner may select three (3) additional consonants and one (1) additional vowel, which, if present in the puzzle, will be revealed. The winner will then have ten seconds to correctly solve the puzzle. Winners who correctly solve the puzzle will receive a $100 BMO Harris Bank MasterCard® Gift Card. Winners who do not correctly solve the puzzle will receive a foam finger.
Winners playing Cliffhanger will be asked three hockey questions that are number related. The videoboard will display a graphic of a scale on a mountain that goes from 0-25, with a graphic of a mountain climber. After each question, the mountain climber advances up the scale the difference between the winner's answer and the correct answer (e.g., if the correct answer was 104 and the winner answered 100, the mountain climber would advance 4 steps up the scale). If, after the three questions, the mountain climber has not advanced 25 steps, the winner will win a $100 BMO Harris Bank MasterCard® Gift Card. If, after the three questions, the mountain climber advanced 25 or more steps, the winner will receive a foam finger.
The approximate retail value ("ARV") of the tickets is $900.00. The ARV of the $100 gift card is $100, the ARV of the $75 gift card is $75, the ARV of the $50 gift card is $50, the ARV of the $25 gift card is $25, and the ARV of the foam finger is $5.00. The total ARV of the possible prizes winner might receive ranges from $905.00 to $1,000.00.
6. If the ticket prize is not claimed within three (3) business days of attempted notification, or if the additional prize is not claimed when prize is awarded during the game, the winner will be disqualified and the prize forfeited. The winner must execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability Release and Advertising Consent when ticket prize is awarded, or the prize will be forfeited. Winners are solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes and any and all costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of any of the prizes not specified herein. No substitutions, cash redemption or transfers for the prize (including relatives and friends) are offered, except Chicago Blackhawks may at its option award a prize of equivalent or greater value. By submitting an entry, winner agrees to the use of his or her name, address, and photograph for advertising and publicity purposes without compensation or remuneration of any kind or additional permission.
7. All entries become the property of Sponsors and will not be returned. Official entry forms are subject to verification and are automatically void if forged, altered, or irregular in any way. By entering, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules, and all ticket-holder rules and policies, and the decisions of the judges, which are final. Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual feared to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be found acting in violation of the Official Rules or to undermine legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes. By entering, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsors in connection with the sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Cook County, Illinois. Entrants are responsible for any and all costs of redemption or travel to redeem said prize, and any liability, which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem, said prize.
8. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Sponsors are not responsible for any printing or typographical error in this offer, the administration of the Sweepstakes, or the announcement of the winner. In the event Sponsors are prevented from continuing or completing this Sweepstakes, or the integrity or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is undermined by any event or cause not reasonably within their control, including but not limited to technical, telephonic, hardware, software, network computer, data transmission, incomplete entries, electronic disruption, virus, bugs, tampering, printing or production errors, work stoppage, lockout or other labor dispute or other causes beyond their control that disrupt the administration, security or proper play of this Sweepstakes, Sponsors shall have the right, in their sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes without further obligation. If Sponsors, in their discretion, elect to abbreviate the Sweepstakes, Sponsors reserve the right, but not the obligation, to award the prize from among all valid and eligible entries received up to the time of such event or cause.
10. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to follow these Official Rules and to release, hold harmless and indemnify BMO Harris, Bank of Montreal, Chicago Blackhawk Hockey Team, Inc., United Center Joint Venture, the NHL and its member teams, Blackhawk Community Ice Rink, LLC, the NHL Entities, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, partners, equity holders, shareholders, members, employees, agents and representatives and all others associated with the manufacture, distribution, development and execution of this Sweepstakes and prizes (the "Released Parties") from and against any and all liability, injury, damage, loss or causes of action (however named or described) that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from: (i) entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes; (ii) the delivery, misdelivery, receipt, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prizes awarded in the Sweepstakes; (iii) the use of a winner's name, photograph and/or likeness as permitted herein, including, without limitation, claims based on publicity rights, defamation and/or invasion of privacy; (iv) any travel or activity related to the receipt, use or misuse of the prizes, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death and/or property damage, and/or (v) any other claims that relate in any way to the Sweepstakes. Additionally, the Released Parties are not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant's e-mail account to receive e-mail messages. Released Parties are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner or any person claiming through such winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof or inability to continue the Sweepstakes, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, kidnapping, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute, lockout, work slowdown or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, vandalism, or any other cause beyond the Released Parties' sole control. Those who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information in their entry form, or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of the Chicago Blackhawks may be disqualified.
Sponsored by: BMO Harris Bank N.A.
111 W. Monroe St.
Chicago, Illinois 60603
Chicago Blackhawk Hockey Team, Inc.
1901 West Madison Street
Chicago, Illinois 60612
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS' FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; (D) ENTRANTS' REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF; AND (E) ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY AGREES TO BRING ANY ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF COOK COUNTY, ILLINOIS, OR THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF ILLINOIS (IF JURISDICTIONAL PREREQUISITES ARE SATISFIED). 17837973.1