Scott's All Stars
Scott's All Stars is a program providing Learn to Skate classes for children with any adaptive or other special need. Our incredible team of coaches is dedicated to helping skaters learn and have fun at a comfortable pace and in a safe and sensory-friendly space.
Our hopes are to ready athletes to be productive, independent, and capable people. Our camp offers a way for these athletes to start developing those skills in the best possible environment. The value of a camp experience — it’s a gift we give athletes that they will benefit from and remember forever.
Scott's All Stars Summer Camp for Adaptive Athletes Includes
- On-ice Classes – On ice skill development tailored to each athletes specific need. From introductory skills to training for USFS Moves in The Field testing.
- Off-ice classes – cardio, balance, rhythm, body awareness, yoga, and dry land hockey skills.
- Other focuses – Staff will work with athletes to improve interpersonal & communication skills, mindfulness, and coping/self-help skills.
- Counselor assisted activities
- Field games
- Private lesson opportunities for additional fees
Scott's All Stars Summer Camp Purpose
Summer camp is about learning new skills and making friendships. Our summer camp opportunities allow athletes to be exposed to the best of human character. Carefully selected staff members are dedicated to showing your athlete how to have fun, learn from others, and make friends, all while developing skills in skating. Our summer camps allow athletes to meet people from all over the country, every race, culture, and socioeconomic level. Every camp at the Scott Hamilton Skating Academy is different - each camp has hidden treasures of focus and skill development, unique in style and experience that give it character and identity. Athletes will leave with memories that stay with them for life!
Our hopes are to ready athletes to be productive, independent, and capable people. Camp offers a way for these athletes to start developing those skills in the best possible environment. The value of a camp experience - it's a gift we give athletes that they will benefit from and remember forever.
WHEN: July 10-12, 2024 | 9:30am - 2:00pm | Cost: $399.99
WHERE: FORD ICE CENTER ANTIOCH
WHO: Scott's All Stars Camp is ideal for athletes with any adaptive or special needs. Our program strives to be an inclusive environment that adapts our programming to fit each athlete based on their own specific abilities or needs.
- Cody Howard - Cody has been a member of the Scott Hamilton Skating Academy coaching staff for seven years and was a member of the leadership team which founded the Scott's All-Stars Program. Prior to making the move to coaching full time, Cody was a mental health care provider who specialized in working with children and youth. His education and background in the mental health care field combined with his coaching experience provide a unique approach to not only coaching our athletes, but providing a structured and sensory friendly environment for each individual athlete
- Gianna Sasmore, a USFS National Competitor and Solo Dance National competitor in ice dance. Gia has been to three Theatre on Ice Nationals. She has been skating since she was a year old. She is currently working to achieve gold medals in Ice Dance and Moves in the field. Available for lessons to all beginners and Basic Skills athletes
- Adrianna Toy - I have been coaching with SHSA for 3 years and I am a 2x US Figure Skating Gold Medalist. I have been assisting with Scott’s All Stars since day one! Available for lessons with those working on skills from snowplow through basic levels and beginning hockey.
- Laura Pursell – Scott Hamilton Skating Academy Coach, Adult Competitor, accomplished musician and singer!
Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inn & Suites – Antioch, TN
What to Expect
- Clothing for one ice: Light jacket, sweatshirt, long athletic pants, gloves, tights, etc.
- Clothing for off ice/dry land classes: sneakers or running shoes, shorts, t-shirt, or breathable clothing.
- Skating equipment: Skates, guards, and helmets. For those who do not own their own skates or helmet, they will be provided.
- Look for an email 1 week prior to camp starting with a schedule of camp, classes, and other information about your stay at the Academy.