The Blues for Kids Foundation understands the importance of our grants to a variety of charitable organizations. We will make every effort to continue to support organizations that rely on our grants. In order to make a meaningful impact in the St. Louis community, Blues for Kids focuses on four areas of giving and provides funding to organizations and projects dedicated to:
Health & Wellness
- Programs that focus on awareness, prevention and treatment of childhood diseases
- Programs that promote physical activity, nutrition, and mental well-being of area children.
- Preference will be given to wellness programs that involve hockey and requests for the Blues Street Hockey Program.
- Educational programs that focus on special needs in the community.
- Programs that present an important initiative to area children (i.e, diversity, character education).
Youth & Amateur Hockey Development
- Development of youth and amateur hockey through learn-to-play programs and scholarship, as well as the Blues Street Hockey Program.
Cancer Care & Awareness
- Cancer awareness, prevention, and treatment for pediatric and adult cancer patients and their families.
- In the important effort to continue Doug Wickenheiser's legacy and celebrated history of the Blues' community efforts, the 14 Fund will continue to serve as the platform for the Blues' cancer care and awareness initiatives under the Blues for Kids umbrella.