The Columbus Blue Jackets organization recognizes the important role it plays in the community, and is committed to "Sticking with the Community" far beyond the on ice excitement. Each month the team donates autographed Blue Jackets merchandise to non-profit organizations to assist in their fundraising efforts.
Due to the significant number of requests the Columbus Blue Jackets receive, the following guidelines and criteria have been established to outline how donations will be allotted. The Blue Jackets can NOT honor the request for ticket donations. All donations are fulfilled with autographed Blue Jackets merchandise.
All requests must follow the guidelines below to be eligible to receive a donation from the Blue Jackets:
- All requests must be submitted online through the Blue Jackets "Donation Request Form" seen below. No phone calls or emails regarding requests will be accepted. As we transitioned to this online donation request process, no mailed or faxed donation requests are accepted.
- Requests must be received by the Blue Jackets at least 8 weeks prior to the event being considered.
- All donations must be used in a fundraising capacity (not as door prizes, incentives, corporate gifts, giveaways, etc…)
- Due to the volume of requests, organizations are limited to a maximum of ONE donation per calendar year.
- The majority of donations will be granted to organizations and events hosted in the greater Columbus area. We are not able to fulfill requests for events or organizations outside the state of Ohio.
- No requests for individuals, religious, ethnic, political, or labor groups will be considered in order to assure fairness amongst the general population.
- The Blue Jackets do not donate to companies holding organizational campaigns (i.e. United Way, Pelotonia, Harvest for Hunger, American Cancer Society, Operation Feed, etc…) as the Blue Jackets donates directly to these organizations.
- All requests for monetary donations are facilitated through the Blue Jackets Foundation. To be eligible for a monetary grant, non-profit organizations must complete a formal application (Click here for more information on our Grant Application process).
- Organizations that receive a donation must complete an online reply form after the event, including the exact amount the donation raised, in order to be considered for a future donation.
The Blue Jackets do not accept calls or emails regarding the status of a particular request. Once your request has been reviewed, you will receive notification as to whether or not your request has been approved. Donations are usually sent out two-three weeks in advance of each fundraising event.