2023 Music City International Adult Camp
The Adult Skating Workshop & Social is a monthly event for adults of all levels and abilities from Beginners to advanced! Designed for adults wanting to give skating a try and/or improve their skating skills for both adult figure skating and adult hockey skating skills. Join us - skating is a great workout, let us help you sharpen your skills!
WHEN: May 24-28, 2023
PICK YOUR LANE:
- 5 DAY CAMP - ALL 5 DAYS! | $590
- 3 DAY CAMP - PICK YOUR DAYS | $412.50
- 1 DAY CAMP - PICK YOUR DAY| $155
WHERE: FORD ICE CENTER BELLEVUE
International Adult Camp Includes
- On-ice skating clinic sessions daily 8:15am-11:30am - Technique instruction, power skating, moves in the field, jumps, spins, movement, dance, and presentation.
- Off-ice clinic sessions - stretch/warm up, strength, cardio, off-ice dance class
- Ice Dance Sessions
- Free cocktail hour
- Scott Hamilton Skating Academy Swag gift
- Dance Clinic - including a High Dance Clinic, Pre-Gold, or International Level Dance contingent on requests.
- Guest Coaches and Academy Staff Coaches will be leading all classes. Guiding campers through each clinic in figures, freestyle, Moves in the Field, dance, and choreography. After close of registration, and levels of participants has been submitted, potential for several concurrent clinics of different ability levels allowing our guests the opportunity to learn and grow.
- Daily Freestyle sessions included in camp registration fee! Several sessions following camp to provide opportunities for private lessons with our star-studded line up of guest and staff coaches joining us.
- Private lesson opportunities for additional fees
- Want to hone in your skills? We got you! Historically adult camps have a lot of private lesson requests. Private lessons are available for $60/half hour. We will do our best to accommodate all requests, but it is necessary to limit requests to 4 per coach on your registration. An initial schedule will be emailed prior to camp beginning. Opportunity will be available at that time to request additional lessons based on coach time/space availability
- Note: 5-day camp participants will have priority for private lessons. All single day participating campers will be able to have lessons based on availability on the days they are attending the clinics.
What To Bring
- Light jacket or sweatshirt
- Long athletic pants for on ice classes
- Skating equipment: Skates, guards, skating apparel, practice attire and exhibition attire, sweater, gloves, socks, tights
- Competition music (digital versions only)
- Casual clothing
- Good pair of running shoes for off-ice training and dance class
- Yoga mat or towel
- Notebook and pen/pencil
- An open mind and open heart
What To Know
- After Camp Registration is complete, check your confirmation email for a link to form to complete for all other items such as testing, private lessons, food allergies, etc.
- One week prior to camp starting, we will send out our final schedule of camp, including classes, private lessons, and our Know B4 you Go guide, along with other information about your stay at the Academy.
- Home 2 Suites |Bellevue One - In the parking lot of Ford Ice Center Bellevue
- Hampton Inn Bellevue Nashville I-40 West
Meet Your Coaches
Olympic Gold Medalist Scott Hamilton
The most recognized male figure skating star in the world, Scott Hamilton has won 70 titles, awards and honors including an Emmy Award nomination, induction into the United States Olympic Hall of Fame and a privileged member of the World Figure Skating Hall of Fame.
In 1984, Scott captured the attention of the world with his Olympic Gold medal performances in Saravejo and since has shared his love and enthusiasm for the sport as an analyst/commentator, performer, producer and best-selling author (Fritzy Finds a Hat, 2020, Finish First: Winning Changes Everything, 2018, The Great Eight, 2009 and Landing It, 1999). Scott further inspires others as a speaker, humanitarian, and as a cancer and pituitary brain tumor survivor.
After losing his mother to cancer, then becoming survivor himself, Scott turned activist, launching the Scott Hamilton CARES Foundation (Cancer Alliance for Research, Education and Survivorship). Events such as Sk8 to Elimin8 Cancer and An Evening with Scott Hamilton & Friends galas fund research into treatments that beat the cancer while sparing the patient.
Scott recently launched Live Your Days. The online platform includes a weekly podcast interview, 30-day life challenges with easy to implement tips and merchandise, with proceeds benefitting the Scott Hamilton CARES Foundation.
He is also the founder of the Scott Hamilton Skating Academy at the Ford Ice Centers in Antioch and Bellevue, TN, where he may frequently be found coaching Learn to Skate students and sharing his love of skating.
In what little free time remains, Scott can be found on the golf course and enjoys spending time with his wife Tracie and their four children - at their home in Nashville, Tennessee.
Madison Hubbell is a two-time Olympic medalist, a four-time World medalist and a three-time National Champion.
Keiffer has both the training, technique, skills and talent from a successful competitive career in ice dance; as well as over a decade of experience as an effective, creative and hardworking coach to athletes of all ages (from the youngest learn to skate age through 65+). Skating is one of Keiffer's life passions and for the last 23 years he has been loyal to the sport and sharing it with others.
Elin Schran is the founder of Joy Skate Productions which specializes in high energy, family-friendly skating shows. Joy Skate seeks to make the joy of skating accessible to all through workshops designed for skaters of all ages and skill levels, as well as differently abled skaters. Elin is also the innovator of IceFlow, a yoga-inspired skating edge class. She is a choreographer and performer with experience in many shows including Ice Capades. She especially loves working with adult skaters. She taught for five years at Dorothy Hamill's Fantasy Skating Camp and is excited to guest coach at our Music City International Adult Skating Camp.
Director, Scott Hamilton Skating Academy. To be a teacher and to inspire all athletes, regardless of level & ability, to constantly strive to be the best version of themselves, through hard work, determination & knowledge. To allow athletes to grow & develop, unhindered & supported; appreciating their views, celebrating their successes & finding value in lessons learned through life's successes & failures. The Scott Hamilton Skating Academy is bold in its vision to create a skating environment like no other, through leadership, excellence, and community service. Paula holds a PSA Master Rating in - PSA Master Free Skating, Choreography & Style, Program Director, Group Instructor, and is a US Figure Skating Sectional Technical Specialist, Ice Capades Performer - 10 years touring, 25+ years Coaching/Choreography
Peter is a USFS Gold Dance Medalist and International Dance Medalist, Gold Free Dance, alternate for the Olympics, 30+ years teaching experience, coaching competitors at all levels on U.S. National and International teams (except for pairs), Specializing in ice dance and choreography, concentrating on fundamentals of stroking and edge execution, with emphasis on body alignment.
Kelly grew up in Illinois and started skating at age 4. Kelly holds Senior (Gold) Tests in Figures, Freestyle, and Moves in the Field and spent many years traveling and training... Kelly absolutely loved being a skater and performer and feel as though the sport carried her through some very challenging times in her life. She completed her undergrad at UW-Madison (skated through college) and worked in the music industry for a few years before finding her way back to skating. She has coached for over 17 years and has her Master Rating in Moves in the Field and Certified Rating in FS. She found coaching to be one of the most rewarding parts of her life and has coached beginner to elite skaters. She reached a pivotal point a few years ago, realized many athletes in the skating world faced similar struggles with confidence, motivation, goal setting, performance anxiety, identity as they transitioned out of sport, and more. As a mom she began to look at the sport through a new lens - one that led her to a path of helping athletes find longevity and happiness in their sport. she returned to school and recently completed her Master's Degree in Sport and Performance Psychology in late 2022.
Shawnee is a triple USFS Gold medalist in Freestyle, Dance and Moves in the Field. Gold Medalist at the 2012 US National Synchronized Championships and a Bronze medal at the World Synchronized Skating Championships in Sweden.
Becki is a lifelong skater and a Professional Skaters Association registered coach with more than 10 years' experience teaching Basic Skills, Free Skate, Adults and Moves in the Field and holds a Master's degree in Kinesiology from California State University Long Beach. Becki is also a certified personal trainer and U.S. Figure Skating S.T.A.R.S. assessor with more than 15 years' experience in off-ice training and conditioning. Her passion is helping individuals of all ages and abilities achieve their skating, fitness and healthy lifestyle goals and believes skating offers something for everyone.
Snow appeared on So You Think You Can Dance and Dancing with The Stars! Snow choreographed for Dancing with The Stars in Panama. Specializes in Latin and Ballroom, Rhythm and Smooth styles of dancing.