Director of Marketing
Department: Seattle Kraken Marketing team
Reporting To: VP of Marketing
We are building a championship organization that serves our fans, community and business partners through world class sports and entertainment. We believe that Winning Matters, our Fans come first, with risk comes reward, great teams can achieve unimaginable results, honoring the Pacific Northwest is our duty and driving the business is our responsibility.
On December 4, 2018, the NHL granted the 32nd NHL franchise to Seattle Hockey Partners. Two years later, we revealed the Seattle Kraken brand to the world. As the newest addition to the Pacific Division in the Western Conference, the Kraken continues to prepare for its first puck drop in the 2021-2022 NHL season. In addition to the redevelopment of Climate Pledge Arena, Seattle Kraken are consecutively building their front office headquarters and training facility with three NHL regulation rinks at the Kraken Training Center at Northgate. This development represents not only further investment in making Seattle the epicenter of the Pacific Northwest but establishing a skating presence within the city for the first time in more than 40 years.
With an enthusiastic and growing fan base the Kraken are seeking an experienced Director of Marketing to oversee the day-to-day operations of fan engagement and acquisition strategies. They will work in lockstep with the Brand team to execute omnichannel marketing campaigns that support all facets of the business.
The successful candidate will need to be a mission driven, dynamic, high energy and highly productive, as well as professional with good judgment and instincts. Able to lead and collaborate and liaise across departments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead omnichannel marketing campaigns including initial planning, creative briefing, budgeting, implementation, monitoring, optimization, and reporting.
- Collaborate with Business Intelligence team to create fan journeys with custom messaging across channels.
- Lead Marketing Automation Manager to drive customized digital fan experiences and optimize sales and revenue.
- Lead the team on fan membership acquisition and engagement strategies.
- Work cross functionally to optimize fan engagement, further driving ticket and partnership revenue.
- Work closely with Ticket Sales and Business Intelligence teams to launch and promote ticket products and offers.
- Work closely with Corporate Partnership team to thoughtfully integrate partner brands.
- Serve as a leader and mentor to the Marketing team members, encouraging professional growth and helping each person maximize their potential.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum 7 years of relevant marketing experience.
- Minimum 3 years experience managing, leading and developing a team.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced growth-focused environment
- Proven experience in successful paid media campaigns
- Experience with database management and customer segmentation strategies.
- Demonstrated experience in growing and managing membership programs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an expert ability to present and communicate new ideas and concepts.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented, resourceful, quick learner and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- A high degree of personal integrity and consistently put the interests of the organization first.
- Must be a fierce communicator and cross-organizational collaborator.
- Minimal Travel (<10%>travel): May be required to travel. Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights and holidays required
- Frequent bending, lifting 15-20 pounds, sitting, exposure to multiple external elements, extensive walking through the building including inclines and stairs.
How to Apply:
- Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org